The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 has received another preview, this time from PhoneArena who also posted their impressions in a video. Overall they were quite positive on the handset saying that if it were to be released on the market today it would be a “smashing hit”.
They praised the great design and UI as well as its 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 8.1MP camera and 4-inch screen. The preview also includes a number of indoor and outdoor sample photos. Click through for a summary of the key preview points along with a video.
Key preview points of the Xperia X10:
- The GSM version of the phone will be able to be used on the T-Mobile US network using its 1700MHz 3G band. The US version of the phone (X10a) will support AT&T’s 3G network.
- The handset doesn’t feel any bigger than the iPhone, despite the inclusion of a 4-inch screen.
- The rounded back feels comfortable in the hand and the matte finish (on the black version) helps to keep a grip on the phone.
- The sensitivity of the capacitive touchscreen is “perfect”.
- The handset includes a 3.5mm jack and micro USB port.
- The image quality is very good with really saturated colours. Its interface has many options, including white balance, image stabilization, various focusing modes (macro and touch focus are included).
- The Timescape and Mediascape functions are also described but have been covered extensively here before.