New Xperia X10 support videos cover email setup & media transfer

by X10 on April 14, 2010

in News, Tips & Tricks, Video

Xperia X10Sony Ericsson has released a further four support videos for the Xperia X10 Android smartphone. This follows from the previous four videos that covered getting started, messaging, contacts and web browsing.

This time around the support videos concentrate on setting up email accounts, setting up an Exchange account, transferring media and the last video looks at connectivity options (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc). You can check out all of these new videos after the jump.

1 tanvir April 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM

is it possible to set up hotmail in x10?

2 anthony August 17, 2010 at 2:25 PM

iv had my x10 for months now have looked all over the internet trying to find some way of getting my hotmail acount to work. ll i found where people with the same problem and no salution.
im starting to think it will never hapen.
please could you send me an email on how to set it up

3 Gemmah Normoyle August 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM

I was having the same problem but this will solve it!!

4 P-O August 30, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I setup my hotmail account on my X10, but the phone automatically update my emails only on power-on, even though it set it to check every 5 mins.

Am I the only one with this problem?

5 rahul August 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

i would like to setup an email on my xperia 10 ,my email account is hotmail.co.uk
please help me, i will really appreciate it ,i need Incoming/outgoing server for hotmail.co.uk(not for hotmail.com)

6 emmajay September 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Had my phone for two days and am struggling to sync my hotmail account. managed to set up a google mail account by creating one and am debating transferring my contacts there from hotmail. For anyone else who is trying this is how far i have got.
enter hotmail.co.uk ac
go to Help section
find pop details
enter into phone, incoming is fine but X10 will not accept the outgoing details!!! aaagh very frustrating. I f anyone suceeds please let me know how to do it.

7 Graham December 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM

i have had my x10 for a few weeks and cant sync it to my outlook account i can do the incoming server but not the outgoing server. any ideas?

8 Deborah December 15, 2010 at 6:46 PM

have my x10 mini pro with hotmail and can only see an inbox, outbox, sent and drafts folder. When i want to write a new email how can i see my contacts folder thats in my hotmail account. Same applies to my google mail account

9 Ayesha December 21, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Hi I’ve had my X10 for 5 months now and have been trying to set my hotmail account with my phone but can’t do it please can someone help in telling be how to set it up? so that i get hotmail on my phone

10 AIDA January 11, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Hola como puedo configurar el hotmail en mi x peria x 10. gracias

11 EMAIL SETUP HELP January 19, 2011 at 5:59 AM

Great article!!Thanks for the step-by-step explanation.I followed these steps and successfully implemented it…thanks again for the information…Carry on the great work!

12 Nir January 30, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Whenever i transfer video (movie) to my phone it shows no space on memmory card but actually there is ample space on the card. How do i solve the problem?

13 David April 13, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Please note EXPERIA 10 that i purchased in Australia on 22 March has no AUTO INTERNET SETTING I had problems to configure settings for Internet , MMS and Email and operator Virgin mobile could not even provide me manual Network settings nor Email proxy settings. Australian Regulators are sleeping and not enforcing regulation where each operator has to supply to each customer Network settings as it is done in other countries. Now I have great phone totally useless for Internet via mobile network all I can do is use it at home or office where the Wi-Fi is available.

14 sam April 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I had hotmail on my x pro but now I cant send emails? But am still receiving them. Can anyone help?

15 Michael September 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I can’t find message settings on my xperia x10 mini, any help?

16 Ken December 31, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I have the Xperia as well, for a long time now. People say hotmail doesn’t work. Mine is fine….

17 AASHIYA January 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM

HI,I AM AASHIYA I HAVE SONY XPERIA X10 ,I HAVE SOME DIFFICULTY RELATED TO CONNECT BLUETOOTH INTERNET BY MY LAPTOP,MODEM WERE NOT FIND BY MY LAPTOP ITS PAIRED WITH MY LAPTOP BUT MODEM NOT SHOWS ON LAPTOP………SO PLE SUGGEST WHAT SHOULD I DO TO USE INTERNET BY MY PHONE TO LAPTOP THR BLUETOOTH?