Generic UK ‘R2BA020’ firmware released for Xperia X10

by X10 on June 29, 2010

in Firmware, News

Generic UK ‘R2BA020’ firmware releasedJust a quick post to let you know that the generic UK (R2BA020) firmware update is now rolling out. This hopefully means that the generic updates for other regions (Nordic, German etc) should be out very soon too. The update should be the same as the Swedish Telenor-branded R2BA020 I tested a few days back but will obviously by clean of all the unnecessary Swedish apps/widgets that were pre-installed.

Let us know if the update is working for you in the comments below. We’d also love to hear what you think of the new update in terms of performance, battery life etc. Finally, if anyone would be kind enough to upload the generic R2BA020 firmware files, we could then release them to the wider community. Cheers!

Update: The SE Product Blog confirms that this update will be “gradually rolled out across our markets over the coming weeks” and that it is already “live across selected markets” as we have already reported above.

Thanks syanide!

1 maxpayne June 29, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Is it rolled out in Asia too…?

2 Veezo June 29, 2010 at 3:50 PM

My frimware is R1FA016 and i tried to update by update menu in the phone and its says ive got the latest software installed … has anyone did the update ?

3 Matt June 29, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Tried updating but it says I got the latest version installed which is the 14 one
I’m on orange btw

4 rob June 29, 2010 at 3:51 PM

As a generic UK handset user, I can confirm this. Update exists OTA. I haven’t checked SEUS.

5 Ruben June 29, 2010 at 3:54 PM

I’m downloading the software as we speak and will give my impressions as soon as possible. It is taking its sweet time downloading though…

6 Pete June 29, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Hey Guys

Does anyone know if and when this firmware would be released for the North American x10a???

7 Ruben June 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM

I’m an unlocked handset user, and am updating from the 016 firmware as we speak.

8 Ruben June 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I’ve completed the software update and the phone is up and running. I’ve not had to reinstall any of my ups or contacts, everything is working as it should.

9 Veezo June 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Ruben where u live ? and have u got i or a and what network u on ?

10 Sébastien Brassard June 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I’ve been downloading the update and i can confirm that the touch screen is way more responsive, this make a good diference for the keyboard, i can feel a little more speed from the phone but its still slowlish..! i dont know about battery life im charging and test it after, overall its pretty good ! im happy with that !

11 Tom June 29, 2010 at 4:33 PM

To Update to this latest Firmware does your Handset have to be De-Branded? Cheers

12 Mighty Reds June 29, 2010 at 4:37 PM

X10i Debranded on Vodafone UK . Updated over the air. Every thing fine . All apps working not had to install anything.

13 Daniel June 29, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I have a question about updates and such. For this smaller update, if we have rooted our phone, will it still be rooted after the update, or does the whole thing reinstall? And as for the bigger one coming up I am assuming that the whole rooting process will have to start from square one, right?

14 sorehammer June 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM

just done my x10i it’s unbranded uk had to ota as sues was showing no update, all seems fine.

15 Krilok June 29, 2010 at 4:54 PM

No update as of yet for Spain… I’m checking every couple of hours through OTA but none so far…

16 Tim van der Leeuw June 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

How about SMS threading? I’ve heard complaints that SMS threading doesn’t work properly for some users in the Teleonor firmwares?

17 darren June 29, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Tried SEUS and OTA both saying I already have latest…but I dont…..UK – Orange user – Anyone with the same probs as me?

18 korre June 29, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Hello,

Is it still possible to root the x10 after the new SE update has been installed?

19 Sander June 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM

When does the update come in the Netherlands? I’ve X10i with firmware R1FAO14?

20 sorehammer June 29, 2010 at 6:01 PM

@ darren

if your x10i is branded to orange you have to wait for them to mess with it and approve it this update is for unbranded x10i’s

21 Pappy June 29, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Somebody have the firmware files?

Please upload it 🙂

22 Obasan June 29, 2010 at 6:34 PM

How come theres no updates for X10a!!!!!!!!!

23 Andy June 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM

no no no swype is no longer working properly!

24 john June 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Does it support spotify in mediascape?

25 Grospolina June 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM

The rooting team is busy putting up the R2BA020 Generic UK root method right now! As of this moment, the files needed for rooting are up (posted just minutes ago), but the R2BA020 UK firmware itself isn’t (AFAIK).

To answer some questions:

1. No, you do not have to debrand your phone. “Debranding” simply means to flash your firmware with a generic ROM. The first step of the rooting process is to flash your firmware with a different ROM, so it wouldn’t make any difference.

2. As far as I know, if you update the phone, it will no longer be rooted. I don’t know if it will even allow you to do an over-the-air (OTA) update on a rooted phone though.

3. The “old” rooting process (which actually uses the Japanese Docomo firmware) works on the X10a (I just did it last night), but it labels it as “X10i”. All you have to do is download the modified X10a files (called “step3a”). This changes the “baseband” files to the X10a version. There should be a similar fix for the new method.

However, somebody said there was an issue where he couldn’t use Rogers On Demand to watch FIFA, and the suggested fix was to change one of the files (default.prop) to make it say “X10a”. Don’t know if it works though.

4. Just reinstall Swype using the installer. It seems to break whenever you install new firmware.

Keep watching the rooting thread (posts 1-6 are by the root devs):

26 MisterG June 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM

No new firmware for generic german device (x10i) :-/

27 danny June 29, 2010 at 7:48 PM

the pc software said my phone was upto date, but when i selected used the phone itself to update its software, it did.
all my settings and texts remain. really good update process.

but other than a back up to the sd card what does it do? there were no new keyboards added, i thought that was a thing that was changing?

28 Mick June 29, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Im on O2 in the UK and im getting no update OTA or downloading on pc from SE.

29 Grospolina June 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

R2BA020 Generic UK root is up! Seems easier than the first method! Files and instructions are in Post #4. Step 1 flashes your phone to R1FA016. Step 2 updates it to R2BA020. I guess Step 3 roots it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711907 (Post #4)

Can’t wait to try it out tonight!!

@danny:

Check out the “first impressions” post: http://www.xperiax10.net/2010/06/27/r2ba020-xperia-x10-firmware-rolling-out-our-first-impressions/

30 andy June 29, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Can anybody help me? I have ran the ota update on an unbounded x10 and after so long I get a picture with a phone and a big exclamation mark. I have left it for a while but it does not chaby and I have to flash back to 016. Seus does not show an update available. Can somebody please help. Thanks Andy.

31 Veezo June 29, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Same as Mick o2 in the UK and 016 FW and no updates…

32 Dave June 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Just got the new firmware. X10i uk on virgin. Media scape seems a bit more responsive, new backup app seems to work. Still no app downloads via play now though. Default keyboard does seem more accurate too.

33 Syanide June 29, 2010 at 10:09 PM

So far so good. Nothing too surprising after teh various chagelogs that have been doing the rounds.

I decided to use the backup/restore to give it a nice factory reset.

However, I am a little confused about the backup process. It did everything it said on the tin, but one thing it said it did was to backup the applications, but there was no tick-box to choose ‘applications’ in the backup process. And when I restored, none of my applications were there.

Luckily, I had backed up my applications with Astro File manager and managed to resotre with that.

So, just a beware, that’s all. Apart from that, on the whole, NICE ONE SE!

34 Andy June 29, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Ignore swype comment from me reinstalled works fine.

35 mr t June 30, 2010 at 12:05 AM

**************no update for me =-[ on orange and i just got x10 i. ************

also i found one of many bugs . when i connect my phone vi bluetooth to handsfree. it starts to dial last number call on my phone.

***********************************************************************************************************************

36 Chris 20 June 30, 2010 at 12:37 AM

What a farce. Even when you finally get an update it’s dependant on the carrier fiddling to wether you get it or not. Sigh. Fuck Android…time to get an Apple. Nice try Google, but if you can’t learn from Microsoft’s mistakes, then you don’t deserve to be in the game.

37 cliff June 30, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Hi,
my phone is offering an update from R1FA014, (Australia, Virgin mobile)
size: 41 656 929 bytes
But ATM the moment at least it says download gets “network error” message every time i try to update over 3G.

38 Robbie June 30, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Just wondering if this has been rolled out to Australia?

39 Bright June 30, 2010 at 2:36 AM

There’s none in Msia too… anyone from Msia updated this?

40 HAZ June 30, 2010 at 2:45 AM

I’m wandring is it gonna make any difference if I used OTA method or SEUS?
Because OTA doesn’t delete any thing from the phone!

41 Tamas Bojtor June 30, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Anyone has the files for download? Somehow OTA doesn’t work for me?!
Thanks!

42 nic June 30, 2010 at 3:04 AM

Anyone try update it using SEUS? It wont allow me to update through there but from the phone it works fine. You need to have your simcard in to have it search for the update. otherwise, it prompt “network error”.

43 steve June 30, 2010 at 4:34 AM

I got a x10i running on T-mobile USA. Nothing from OTA yet and nothing on SEUS the last time I checked…

still waiting

44 Gene June 30, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Has anyone in Australia gotten an official update? I have an x10a on 3.

45 Luka June 30, 2010 at 5:35 AM

I have successfuly updated trough the phone with R2BA023 version. The phone went with the upgrade flawlessly so now I’m on 1.1.27 version. The SEUS or Companion did not give me any updates available – only my phone.

The phone model is X10i branded on T-mobile HR with Android on Croatian.

46 sam June 30, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I’m wondering if this update is for x10a phones or not. Can some please let me know?

47 George June 30, 2010 at 6:16 AM

still nothing in cyprus

48 danny June 30, 2010 at 6:25 AM

@mr t….

your orange x10, did it have orange firmware on it, and did it come with an fm radio adaptor?
i had cpw on behalf of orange offer me an update the day after the x10 was launched (they have an agreement with orange to coldcall people 2 months from the end of the contract) and agreed the right deal with me… the phone i got was unbranded and seemed to be cpw universal stock with a “orange” sim deal pack dropped in the box, rather than an orange package version…

49 rathalos June 30, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Still nothing from singtel singapore….. hopefully anytime soon…. singtel is notorious for bad customer service….

50 Steve C June 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Nothing on o2 yet. Not sure if we’ll see this on branded o2 for some time yet, to be honest, with iPhone 4 having just been released, that is all o2 uk cares about. If ur not an iphone customer, o2 doesn’t consider you that worthy a customer 🙂

51 eiabea June 30, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Just flashed my x10 with the method in the xda forum and wondering why moxier is stil on the device -.-

52 rathalos June 30, 2010 at 9:22 AM

maybe cos u didnt run the last bit of commands?

CLEANUP(as this is an full rom you have to remove stuff by yourself)
@adb shell rm /system/app/mox* <— removes moxier shit
@adb shell rm /system/app/se-supp*
@adb shell rm /system/app/Launch*
@adb shell rm /data/app/*.zip
@adb shell rm -r /etc/semc/startupshow
@adb shell rm -r /etc/semc/preset/app

53 Krilok June 30, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Nothing as of yet for Spain (and my X10 IS debranded)… Anyone any idea where to download the R2BA020 Generic firmware so I can manually update?

54 Andy June 30, 2010 at 9:36 AM

For all those that there doesnt appear to be an update for. i ran pc companion and repair and i got the new firmware even though it said my handset was up to date.

55 andiiboy June 30, 2010 at 9:44 AM

if you have already updated to r2ba020 do you still need to go through steps 1 and2 or can you jump straight to 3 ???????

56 Rich June 30, 2010 at 9:51 AM

My unbranded X10i updated ota last night, update was not picked up on seus. Definitely seems snappier, few xtras-playnow in mediascape etc

57 cliff June 30, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I got the new version ending in 23, but had to use WiFi to download as I kept getting network errors when trying to use Australia virgin 3g. Sony update kept told me no update was available.

58 ROHIT June 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM

is it out in asia to???

59 mez June 30, 2010 at 10:57 AM

whats the difference between X10a and X10i?

60 Ali June 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Ya i get this update its make the x10 more faster

61 David R June 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM

After the update the phone is definitely quicker although one drawback I’ve noticed is that when trying to swipe up the list of apps from the home screen doesn’t always recognise my touch first time, sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times to get the menu up. The touch screen interface is definitely now a bit less accurate & responsive than on the previous firmware.
Oh and when are SE going to sort out the low in call volume…?

62 eiabea June 30, 2010 at 4:04 PM

@ Rathalos: thx a lot for that info, but when i want to do this the terminal says that it is not able to delete this file because it is a “read only filesystem” 🙁
But i have root access,what can i do?

63 Grospolina June 30, 2010 at 6:12 PM

@adb shell rm /system/app/Launch*
@adb shell rm /data/app/*.zip
@adb shell rm -r /etc/semc/startupshow
@adb shell rm -r /etc/semc/preset/app
@adb shell reboot
@pause

Copy the above text into a file and call it Cleanup.bat or Cleanup.cmd (doesn’t matter which). Make sure the phone is connected and Debug mode is enabled (which it should be already). Double-click to activate. If there aren’t any errors, then no messages will be shown. The phone will reboot and the window will show “Press any key to continue”.

Here’s a rundown of the apps removed. If you want to keep something, delete that line.
mox* – all Moxier apps
off* – OfficeSuite
play* – PlayNow
track* – TrackID
EManual* – SE X10 Manual
SemcIME* – SE standard keyboard (including Japanese?)
LatinImeTutorial* – Latin keyboard tutorial
AndroidQuadrapop* – Quadrapop (game)
LatinIME* – Latin keyboard
SEMCTouchPal* – Chinese and Korean keyboards
se-supp* – SE Online Support
Launch* – Standard Home screen (replaced with ADW.Launcher)
/data/app/*.zip – WisePilot data
/etc/semc/startupshow – SE logo animation
/etc/semc/preset/app – something about uninstallable apps?

Note that if you delete the WisePilot data, you also have to uninstall the WisePilot app itself. Just uninstall it from Settings > Applications > Manage applications > WisePilot, or use ExUninstall.

64 eiabea June 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Thx!! I will try this when i am at home:-)

65 Asrujit June 30, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Can somebody. Give. Me the file?
So i can use it o update via seus or se pc companion
Need the 2 fies.

66 Andy June 30, 2010 at 11:33 PM

i dont know about anyone else but since this upgrade my battery is hardly draining at all. its been on all day with over 2hours call usage, medium texting and internet usage and the battery is still at 35% with no juice defender running. before i was only just lasting till the end of the day with juice defender

67 SO-01b June 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM

When i open SEUS there is an extra handset labeled SO-01B with a picture of a x10. Does anybody know what this is?

68 SO-01b June 30, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Nevermind apparently it is the Japanese version

69 Jean July 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

there’re no update yet here in Norway, but I got this update when I changed my x10i to the UK Generic X10i Firmware (R1FA016). so do this too, if you don’t want to wait.

70 eiabea July 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM

@Grospolina:
Thank you, i just made it 🙂 after some little problems ^^

71 buk3000 July 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I have a white X10i on Orange network(uk). I looked on the orange website for updates and it links you back to the SE website.
I also called Orange who told me my phone was a Phones 4 u branded phone.
So how do i update or where sould my download come from ?
Do i need to debrand?? Will this invalidate my warranty??
I have also tried updating the phone through the phone settings and through SEUS both say my software is up to date i have build no. R1FA014.
I have so many questions but dont know who to ask so appologies if there are to many here and i hope someone may be able to help.
thanks in advance 😉

72 Grospolina July 2, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Glad I could help. 🙂 A few corrections:
EManual* – User guide
SemcIME* – SE Standard and Japanese keyboards
LatinImeTutorial* – Android keyboard tutorial
LatinIME* – Android keyboard
se-supp* – User support
/data/app/*.zip – WisePilot data, PlayNow extension, Creatouch

Actually, /data/app/*.zip could include a lot of things. If you update PlayNow and then use it to download Creatouch, don’t use this line. It’ll screw up both of them. You can do this after step1, step2 or step3. If you have an X10a, PlayNow stops working after doing step5.

73 Bright July 2, 2010 at 7:30 AM

I tried and using it right now… it works in Msia. Thanks ….

74 Pappy July 2, 2010 at 7:34 AM

New firmware version R2BA023 and updated root method:

75 Phillip July 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Bright,

How do you do it? why mine still stuck at R1FA014?
please guide me..>!

76 Neil July 2, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Just updated to R2BA020 OTA Wifi, I’m in UK on Orange. feels more responsive and quicker.

77 Adam July 2, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Anyone else noticing that the screen doesn’t turn off automatically anymore, even after you reset the frequency in the settings menu?

78 Jean July 2, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I update to R2BA020 firmware, and now my babe x10i runs faster than before. but to bad, no update yet in Norway, I just got this update when replaced my x10i from Nordic to UK Generic X10i Firmware (R1FA016). thanks to the owner of this site.

I see that they improved battery usage and timescape. there is no need for Home replacement UI now…. Timescape runs smootly and faster now, you will be able to change Theme color too…

79 buster July 2, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Got the update today. Already noticing the battery life is better, the new transition between screen is a nice touch

80 Tommy July 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Jean July 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Finally I got this update thx for this great information 😀 I have x10i in Denmark but now I use urs guide now I got this UK R2B version 🙂

81 Ken July 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Well at least some of you guys are luckier…. down here in the Philippines we’re stuck with R1FA014… 😛

82 pablo July 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Question guys. I’m new with the X10i in USA, how do you get the firmware? Thank you. Mine is unbranded ..i think, bought it online and use it on T-Mobile US

83 steve July 3, 2010 at 1:45 AM

^ Hey pablo

I’m in the exact same predicament as you. Bought X10i unlocked online, set it to T-mobile US with 3g. So far I haven’t seen any hint of update for the phone since I updated from R1FA014 to R1FA016

If anyone out there using the x10i in the US found a way to update the firmware, please let me know. I greatly appreciate it.

84 Mxtc July 3, 2010 at 2:53 AM

@Pablo
@Steve

Same situation X10i on T-mobile USA and I have R1FA016. Over the air, and using the windows software won’t update it.

I don’t think it’s out yet for the unlocked X10 yet, since I did the “repair” option, and it still installed R1FA016. Its only out on a few foreign carriers right now.

85 Grospolina July 3, 2010 at 3:04 AM

R2BA020 is available for X10a Canada on SEUS now (but not OTA, apparently).

86 Bright July 3, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Philip: please refer to this debrand link for the instruction http://www.xperiax10.net/2010/04/14/debrand-your-xperia-x10-tutorial/ .

from there u can upgrade it with R2BA020 files. Hope this helps.

87 philip July 3, 2010 at 7:36 AM

bright:

bright mine is unbrand x10i, do i still need to debrand it?

88 Jean July 3, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Hey Philip, I got my x10i unlocked with nordic firmware here in norway. it was also unbranded when i got it. but R2BA020 firmware is not yet available in norway, so i had to change my x10i from nordic firmware to the UK Generic X10i Firmware (R1FA016) in order to get the latest update without waiting.

89 Eddie July 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Im on Orange UK. Just checked for updates using WiFi, it found an update. Am downloading it right now almost 30% done…. Lets see wts new wid dis update . . 😛

90 Eddie July 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Well, all done.

My X10i’s build number upgraded to version R2BA020, same as talked about here. My Baseband version also got upgrade from 1.0.14 to 1.1.25.

There came an additional software “Backup and restore” as well.

91 Lee July 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I have a x10i on o2 in UK and updated OTA and everything seems fine except my MW600 Bluetooth headset buttons don’t work in mediascape anymore

92 sushrukh July 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM

@ Andy , i ran both PC Companion & SEUS & Updated/Repaired but still with the old R1FA014.Looks like we will have to wait much longer to get the OTA Update. 🙁

93 Bright July 5, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Philip, if u already unbranded ur phone you could just replace the file in your db folder n try it. Mine working great and the timescape seem much responsive and faster.

94 Matt July 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM

@Lee did you get a message in the notification bar? Im on 02 and have yet to get the update yet the wife who is with Orange updated yesterday!

95 pablo July 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM

i bought my X10i from expansys I’m in the US and use T-Mobile. How do I get the upgrade?
I see people talking about changing to UK firmware, how do you do that. I tris SEUS and is telling me I’m up to date…Thanks

96 Andi July 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Well I am on 3 uk and I am waiting for this update yet no one seems to know when it will be coming to the 3 network !!!

97 Sam July 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM

In the US, x10i unbranded generic french fw, running on T-Mobile. Just got the update. 1.1.23 baseband, R2BA023 build number.

So far things are OK.

98 Sam July 7, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Correction: 1.1.27 baseband.

99 steve July 7, 2010 at 9:52 PM

@pablo
@mxtc

My phone finally found the update. It’s downloading OTA as I type. My phone is a x10i bought online and running on T-mobile USA network with 3g. If mine’s downloading it should mean that the update is definitely available for other Tmo USA x10i users as well

100 Jason July 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Why is the update not available on O2 UK yet… 🙁

101 Mxtc July 8, 2010 at 12:38 AM

@Steve
@Pablo

Thanks. My Phone found it too. (OTA)

102 Sam July 8, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Update: all went well. Phone is faster. Battery is waaaaaaaaaaaay better. Keyboard is more responsive. It is worth the upgrade!

103 Bright July 8, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Anyone updated to R2BA023?

104 Mxtc July 8, 2010 at 5:35 AM

@Bright

Yes. Mine is R2BA023

105 Matt July 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM

I rang 02 and they didn’t even know anything about the update!! Just said that Android 2.1 was coming in October!

106 John July 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM

The battery life is much better; it lasts over a day!!

However, if you put the handset to your face, the proximity sensor turns off the touchscreen, but you now need to double tap to get back control. Also, you need to press the green dial key after selecting a contact instead of it being dialled automatically.

107 Bright July 14, 2010 at 3:16 AM

@MXTC : any link to get the 2 files for R2BA023? Thanks.

108 sjcrows July 22, 2010 at 12:32 AM

no update for 02 yet, the other companies have had there uoldate whats going on?

109 djr85 July 22, 2010 at 7:36 AM

This update is better for battery life but why won’t it connect to my car stereo..used to pop up in notification bar ‘connected to usb’ and had mount or unmount underneath..also used to charge while connected but now nothing just the little lcd goes green for 1second then nothin…

Why change something that works!!..pisses me off!!!

Other than that an extra app I don’t want or need!!

110 djr85 July 22, 2010 at 7:50 AM

I am on R2BA024 1.1.28

x10i vodafone uk

Updated on 2/7/10

111 sjcrows July 26, 2010 at 11:09 PM

seriously getting peeved with 02 its nearly the end of the month and all other networks have gotten the fiormware update but not 02 im not debranding my phone due to the warranty just wish i knew what the hell 02 are playing at keeping this update from customers

112 onimo March 4, 2011 at 4:41 PM

If anyone does know how to get round the car stereo problem i would also like to know – used to rely on my phone on long journeys, gutted to set of without cd’s and then realise it no longer worked!