Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 teaser now up on US site

by X10 on August 8, 2010

in News

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 teaser now up on US siteThe Xperia X10 has been rumoured to be landing Stateside at some point. Now it looks like Sony Ericsson is on the verge of announcing the handset for the US market. A teaser with a countdown has gone up at Sony Style with an image that looks like an upturned Xperia X10.

At the time of writing there is just over 26 hours remaining on the countdown that puts the reveal at 22:40 (GMT) tomorrow evening. If there was any doubt that the phone referred to is the Xperia X10, there is evidence littered throughout the source code. The real talking point will be finding out which Android version SE is planning on launching with in the US. Watch this space.

1 kafej August 8, 2010 at 9:24 PM

i have hope, that this teaser means x10 with 2.1 …. so update too ..

2 drew August 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM

i doubt it. they only released the last update a week and a half ago. We can only hope but i think its wishful thinking 🙁 Hope im wrong 🙂

3 kafej August 8, 2010 at 9:31 PM

x10 without android 2.1 on USA market = suicide……

4 x104ever August 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I dont think.thats the coundown of android 2.1 but i hope…

5 4kubik August 8, 2010 at 10:56 PM

imho is the X10 brand at&t

6 Jalfrezi August 8, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Having worked in the area before, I can tell you management rarely agree with suggestions put forward by the marketing department. Therefore, I dare say it’ll launch with Donut and a promise of an update. Until the X8 comes onto the market I can’t see SE launching an OTA update to Eclair.

7 Jalfezi August 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM

P.S. What in the hell is with the tag – “Smarter is coming”. Crazy Japanese.

8 Mike August 8, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Why cant they release the mini pro at the same time?? Cmon!

9 Sean Cho August 8, 2010 at 11:55 PM

it will be hilarious if for me if it releases with 1.6 i will lmfao n throw my efin fone in toilet n flush it out <<LOL NOO JK

10 Sam August 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Hmm…SE says 2.1 update in Q3…August is Q3….I bet x10a launches in the US with 2.1 and everyone else (including x10a owners in canada and all x10i owners) start to see the 2.1 rollout at the end of the month. If this doesn’t happen, SE has killed themselves for good.

11 BitBurn August 9, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Well, I’m Canadian and been using the Xperia X10 with 1.6 and I am pretty sure of one thing: Launching the Xperia in the US, against the Droid X and EVO would be a complete joke.

12 Vatz August 9, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Since SE has done nothing but delaying the 2.1 update and they clearly don’t care very much about it, I’m going to bet that this is only the US launch and that is coming with the old donut, I hope that I’m wrong, but if you ask me to bet this is my call.

13 Obasan August 9, 2010 at 4:06 AM

Someone at Sony Ericssons Marketing section failed English.
Smarter is Coming

Well lets see how smart Sony Ericsson’s management is.
NO 2.1 Bad Sales

14 Gene August 9, 2010 at 6:37 AM

SE is effing nuts if they think they can compete in the US market with 1.6! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they announce this with 2.1 and a promise of 2.2. Hopefully, this means that we’ll be getting 2.1 before the end of Q3.

15 Rod M. August 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I don’t think they will release a 2.1 or 2.2 Android, knowing SE for a long time, they don’t cater for geeks who’s demanding the latest and greatest always. They cry, but they don’t buy. My bet it’s Android Donut 1.6…

16 Kang August 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM

This just sound and look to me 2.1 update.

17 droid ab August 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM

there is (picture) not xperia x10.. this more big, more spectacullar, more smart..

1. maybe this xperia x20 with 4.5″ screen (super amoled), qwerty slide keyboard, android 2.2 (froyo) or maybe ginger bread, processor 1.2/1.5 ghz, etc..

2. maybe this is xperia x10 with froyo..

3. or maybe this is a xperia x10 tablet..

regard

18 SanderT August 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM

The clock is indeed for the Xperia X10, the sourcecode shows the clock to be inside a div to the ‘x10_homepage’. So…if it’s the X10 1.6, 2.1 or Mini/Pro is still unclear, but the picture on the site is for sure the X10.

19 Tim August 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

SanderT

It’s quite obvious that it’s an X10 and not Mini/PRO

20 SanderT August 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM

@Tim, I meant the contents of the page itself could be about anything ranging from X10, 2.1 and/or also the Mini/Pro, but the picture is the X10 for sure, and the whole countdown is for the Xperia X10 (because of the div).

21 Tim August 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM

@SanderT

Ah, i see.
My bad 🙂

22 Pheebe August 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM

If u take a close look at the photo, there is no camera hole visible..

23 Tim August 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM

@Pheebe

There’s nothing visible on the backside of the mobile.

24 jeunesse August 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Why is everybody so keen on having 2.1? I understand that it has new bluetooth-capabilities, which in 1.6 can also be achieved with an app, so… yeah. What else?

Im gonna stay with my rooted 1.6 xperia mini pro, I do not need bluetooth. What I need is to get rid of the blue design/background behind apps. How?

25 Pabloiac August 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Site’s up guys……smarter IS here… $129.99 with At&T 2yr contract

26 Otto August 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Hi guys just checked sony style now, confirming it IS Xperia X10..

No details on the website about which android version it is, but reading the brief specs they have on the site which says “Video Camera” without any mention of 720p i suspect its just 1.6 donut 🙁

sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

27 FAIL!! August 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I mean what else do you expect when it’s being offered at $129. It’s the same old X10. Move along, nothing to see here folks.