Two colour black/white Xperia X10’s look the business

by X10 on August 28, 2010

in Accessories, Tips & Tricks

Two colour Black/White Xperia X10Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 owners are faced with a matte black or glossy white colour choice when choosing their handset. However, some X10 owners are not satisfied and are starting to mix & match the housing colours to produce some quite striking results.

We’ve got some pictures below showing a ‘stormtrooper’ Xperia X10 (the front glass is black and the rest of the housing is white). However, this does require some knowledge in disassembling the phone to switch the colours around (if you’re interested, the Xperia X10 disassembly guide may help). If you can’t be bothered to go through all the effort you could simply just change the colour of the battery cover (check out some pics of that too after the break).

Stormtropper Xperia X10

Two colour Black/White Xperia X10

Two colour Black/White Xperia X10

Two colour Black/White Xperia X10

Black Xperia X10 with white battery cover

Two colour Black/White Xperia X10

Two colour Black/White Xperia X10

Two colour Black/White Xperia X10

Via xda-developers (1 & 2).

1 Lariv August 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM

It’s definitely striking.

2 Rod M. August 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Way to go… he! he! I’ll pass! My Luster White looks pretty…

3 buzios August 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Do you know how to get some spare X10 pieces?

4 x104ever August 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

In ebay

5 John August 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Ebony and Ivory…

6 ben August 28, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Me and the girlfriend did this a few weeks back just swapping the battery covers for a bit of fun. Black with white back looked ok, but then i prefer the feel of the matte black in hand.

7 devon mcfarlane August 29, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I’ve wanted to do this for months but now I’m thinking why stop there. If the screen is attached to the touch panel can this not be replaced by a panel/unit that is multi touch capable?

It’s a stab in the dark but I know I’d pay good money for such a wonderful upgrade.

8 Leo hk August 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I like the glossy white is good enough! That’s what I am using on my hand!

9 gabby2007 August 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM

storm trooper kills! 😀 nice one!

10 EXile x10 August 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Hey i just want 2 drop and say dous any 1 now when SE release there android 2.1 in september?
Thanks infron for the naswers
have nice time

11 David August 31, 2010 at 1:33 PM

what wallpaper is that?

12 Navjot September 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I NEED AN ANSWER FOR DAVID’S Question.
SOMEBODY POST THE LINK OF THE WALLPAPER>.. 🙂 3 cheers.

13 LeO September 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM

i love this wallpaper.. where can i download it?

14 mspwettie September 7, 2010 at 9:04 PM

i hope tht’s a wallpaper nd nt a theme…
If it’s a theme, i’mma shoot sumbody… cuz i’v tried lyk hell to do sumfn about tht darned blue theme nd nutthang’s happenin’…
I so hope tht’s nt a theme…

15 Alistair September 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM

The Black XPERIA X10 mini pro looked the business when I took it out of the box. It certainly has some style, plenty of functions and the QWERTY keyboard is effective. However within 3 days it is on its way back to the phone supplier; the reason the charger does not work correctly. Using a USB cable from the pug socket to a dedicated receiver in the phone is asking for trouble. At both ends the cable was free to move within the respective socket and I am sure this prevented the phone from charging. I am glad it has gone, I can’t see this system lasting the length of a 2 year contract without doing permanent damage to the phone socket itself. Overall a simple problem that has a major impact on the phones usefulness, i.e. a poor design.

16 john September 11, 2010 at 1:27 PM

if you really hate the stock blue theme,just install the ADW launcher from the android marketplace.its free and theres some free themes to get too,also you can customise how many screens you have to swipe through,and how many icons you can have per row or column,customise toolbars all manner of things.

17 lawrence January 13, 2011 at 4:58 AM

wow storm trooper looks amazing. just a quick question though. you can find complete housings on eBay, but they don’t have the front part that has the Sony Ericsson and XPERIA logo on it, in addition to the navigation stamps on the bottom. Guessing that’s something you just remove from your existing X10 and put it on the new casing?