Best Buy gets White Xperia X10 exclusive in US

by X10 on October 20, 2010

in News

White Xperia X10 Best Buy will exclusively be stocking the white version of the Xperia X10 in the US when it launches this Sunday 24 October. In a bizarre partnership, the phone will come pre-loaded with “The Essential Taylor Swift Experience,” I can’t see where the fit is myself.

This includes two albums (Taylor Swift and Fearless), a new single (Mine), ringtone, video content along with access to her new album (Speak Now) when it launches on 25 October. The white Best Buy exclusive will set you back $99 with a two-year AT&T contract.

Via Engadget.

1 Simon 'theMactivist' Royal October 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Great, a white version of a phone running a way out of date version of Android. Glad to see SE have been putting their attention to what matters, while existing X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro users are being left behind the rest of the Android world.

2 micro October 20, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Sony ericsson rocks! US citizens are very lucky to get this amazing device by the time 2.1 will be rolling 😉

3 Greg Mcp October 21, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Of all people, why Taylor Swift?

4 我是你爸爸。 October 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Throw in some Slayer, Opeth or The Big 4 concert MP3s in it, rather than Taylor Swift.

Shes pretty though……….

5 Bandit October 21, 2010 at 2:41 AM

AGREE WITH 我是你爸爸.

Throw in some Iron Maiden, Moonsorrow <– check these guys out fool, Blackwater Park by Opeth, and I'll buy another X10 in an instant.

For now, Taylor Swift sucks, and so does SE. Seriously stop with the phone releases and focus on 2.1. It's embarrassing, releasing 1.6 phones.

6 Lako October 21, 2010 at 6:02 AM

Never heard of her 🙂 Firs time i saw her on youtube after i saw this post and before i saw it i actually thought it was a guy LOL ahahha

7 Johnny October 21, 2010 at 7:27 AM

I think they have Taylor Swift’s stuff in there because i believe she recently signed a deal with Sony to do some of their ads. This was probably part of the deal. I think her music is great and I like her a lot, but then again, I’m Canadian 🙂

8 gman October 21, 2010 at 8:19 AM

I find This so funny they are bringing out a old color that has been out un the eu since April u lot in the us must be so happy lol its still the same laggy x10i

9 Rod M. October 21, 2010 at 9:31 AM

@gman

Do you actually own an X10? I don’t think so, because if you have actually used it, you won’t say that it’s laggy. I been using the white one since July, and never experience such thing. Runs for months with any reboot. Get a life, you’re just a basher…

10 vekz October 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM

.. Rod M. said it already

11 thorh October 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM

“This includes two albums (Taylor Swift and Fearless), a new single (Mine), ringtone”

ring tone? you can not have custom ring tone on 1.6 – can it be it will be sold with 2.1??

12 vekz October 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM

@thorh: can’t it be just a mp3-file set as ringtone..? You can do that on your X10.

13 Navvi October 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM

@thor

what you talking about? I’ve never seen a phone since 1996 that didn’t have custom ringtones!

p.s to all you T-swizzle haters! i’m going to kill you via the internet!

14 boonus October 21, 2010 at 4:07 PM

If it had pics of her snatch id buy it. Plus the white would hide the jizz stains

15 venki October 21, 2010 at 6:02 PM

please don’t buy any crap phones of SE, they are out dated . if they launch a new phone with a froyo they doesn’t give you any update for a year,so think before you buy these phones,iam a owner of xperia x10 iam using it from 7 months,and they charged me a lot more for this phone,but this outdated crap is a waste of money.please don’t buy any phones of SE in the future,they have worlds most crap engineers,they take years to release an update.go for htc or samsung or motorola for android,I was a fan of SE before buying this crap and now I hate them.

16 Jesper Simonsen, Denmark. October 21, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Best buy… is a HTC Desire Z or HTC Desire HD. Both born with Android 2.2 and Adobe Flash etc.

Best buy will never be a Sorry Errorson phone!!!

17 Jesper Simonsen, Denmark. October 21, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Att: boonus post.

Boonus, that jizz joke is funny, good joke. We stupid X10 owners need your kind of humor.

Thanks.

Greetz.
Jesper.

18 Jesper Simonsen, Denmark. October 21, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Yes the white X10 lacks speed on android 1.6. I know three out of three white X10s and one black X10 all lack responseness on operating the X10. No matter if rebooted or not. Its a common thing with X10. Example: when call comes in the X10 lacks speed almost impossible to thump swipe to take call. It takes 2-6 tries before it will take the call. And more of that stuff. We are running slim X10 with app killer etc normal stuff like you guys, but the X10 HAVE very much lacks of speed. Today my wife called I tried to thumb swipe 8 times it would not tale the call. She called again 2 minutes later and my swipe worked the second time. So yes some black and white X10s lacks speed. We all have the latest firmware updates from wifi. There may be different speed lacks or none on some national editions of the phone. But I my self use english language on the X10 so it should be almost the same as us editions. I believe when you write you dont have these lacks of speed. But some people have them.

19 rmn October 21, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I was very impressed that so many people knew and were interested in an OS upgrade, specially considering that we are talking about a phone. But then I read thorh’s comment claiming you can not have custom ringtone’s with 1.6, and I realized that many people complaining were doing it just to follow the others…

20 yasser October 22, 2010 at 7:19 AM

New video in Russian LIVEVIEW+X10-2.1os

21 fact is fact October 22, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Woow Yasser thanks for the impressive video, it seems that live view will be a must for me 🙂

22 woody1987 October 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Mine is laggy as hell sometimes but im confident that it will prevail and so will the virtual key board once the update is here. SONY DOES ROCK !