X10 mini successor snapped with Gingerbread and benchmarked

by X10 on December 29, 2010

in News, X10 mini & X10 mini pro

X10 mini successor The leaks just keep on coming. This time we have what looks like the successor to the X10 mini or X10 mini pro according to the guy that leaked them on IT168. The images clearly show the unnamed device running Android Gingerbread and will apparently come with a 3-inch (320 x 480) multi-touch display, 1GHz processor and the Adreno 205 GPU.

The hardware buttons on the front face are in reverse order compared to the existing Xperia X10 range and is consistent with most models leaked to date including the ANZU. The handset gets some pretty good Neocore (42.5fps) and Quadrant (1,533) benchmarks too. Check out some larger images after the jump.

X10 mini successor

X10 mini successor

X10 mini successor

1 micho December 29, 2010 at 8:50 AM

first:P!!!

2 simon royal December 29, 2010 at 9:03 AM

With a 3 inch screen wouldnt this make it a successor to the x8?

3 Crunch December 29, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Good score’s, but they are sans sony shit like timescape

4 X10 December 29, 2010 at 9:10 AM

That’s what sounds logical to us too. However, given the similarities, maybe SE are consolidating their X10 mini/X8 SKUs…

5 ANUZ December 29, 2010 at 9:25 AM

The design looks similar to my Sony NWZ-X1060 PMP player with the semi-circular home button at the bottom. If only it has mega bass, dolby digital sound and noise reduction functions with a Tegra 2 chipset….else no deal.

6 Drakrozz December 29, 2010 at 10:49 AM

to the administrator of this website…
… Maybe you should rename the website to “Xperia Blog”

7 X10 December 29, 2010 at 11:00 AM

@Drakrozz – Watch this space…

8 xperia December 29, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Everytime the same design why dont they use Quality components like Carbon fibre or steel or glas every time plastic my next phone will be a iphone or Xperia x12 but i dont like the same design

9 zodiac December 29, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I think this is SE realizing that the minimum screen requirement for a smart phone is 3 inches. The x10 minis are let down in the main by those qvga small screens. A blunder I see they are avoiding this time round. Well good to see that they are at least learning something even though you could argue that using that sort of screen on the x10 minis was a very elementary mistake… one that was probably made at the behest of the marketing idiots who seemed to have held sway over the developers in the development of the x10 range.

10 Lancereid December 29, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Lol ? that phones gets a higher quadrant benchmark than nexus one ? or am i seeing things . . ..

11 x19 December 29, 2010 at 12:44 PM

SE’s x10 was testing the waters for a company new to android now you can see they know what they are doing never in doubt

12 andrews234 December 29, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Graetttttt!!!…..Very Very Beautiful e very Slym…..Now is OK!!!! ;) ;) and my Future Phone!!

13 distributor December 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM

SONY ERICSSON IS KING . i like very much this phone . perfect design .

14 BlackXinu December 29, 2010 at 3:10 PM

The X10 mini pro is very useful because of the keyboard. I think if they combine the X8 screen with the X10 mini pro design they will have a great smartphone that will appeal to a lot of people!

15 Jesse December 29, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I dont understand the point of a “mini” version of phones – Why would you spend the same amount of money for a hacked down version of a phone? Obviously they will make a phone with a min 4 inch screen with the same specs…. and possibly allot more for very close to the same price…

16 Jamie December 29, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Hmm, well im looking at xperia blog twitter feed. I agree, you should change it to Xperia blog. At the end of the day your not only talking about the x10 here, so the title change could persuade more users to visit this website

17 TheLoyalist December 29, 2010 at 6:41 PM

The mini’s are a huge success for SE, it outsells many many high end phones in the scandianvian countries and through Europe.

This site combines all the sales through the operators in Sweden and the mini’s are only outsold by iPhone and Desire HD

18 roar December 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Does anybody know where I can DL this testing thingy?

19 Robert December 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

@TheLoyalist: I think one factor the mini & mini pro sells like pan cakes is the price. not many phone out there have a very attractive price that comes with great features. At around 14,000-15,000 PhP (318-341 USD), it comes with Android 1.6 (Donut), 5-megapixel camera, GPS, bluetooth, wi-fi, features that usually packaged at prices 16k PhP and up.

although, one let down is SE’s slowness to give out updates. Samsung is already catching up, with comparable specs and prices, and much up to date OS.

*PhP=Philippine Peso. approximately

20 JO December 30, 2010 at 12:48 AM

@Jesse

The price of an X10 mini is $150 in my country while a Galaxy S is still around $600 -$650. For what it does – calls, basic internet browsing, GPS, FM radio, social networking, e-mail etc.. it’s not too shabby at all. If you want to pay an extra $500 for Flash adverts and pinch to zoom, be my guest; I’m sure HTC and Samsung will be more than happy to take your money.

21 draft_life December 30, 2010 at 6:46 AM

It seems successor to Xperia X10 mini series. Then which is this code name?

Akane
Iyokan
Lychee
Mango
Mogami
Monika
Smultron

22 mini pro owner December 30, 2010 at 6:57 AM

The mini pro rocks, not everyone wants a 4 inch brick. This phone does appear to be more of a successor to the X8 which is a shame because I still feel the X8 is a little too big. Give me a mini pro with 2.5-2.7″ 320×480 and shave off 30 grams of weight and it would be the perfect phone.

23 Narg December 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I bet you could loose your data even faster with the new trojans for Android too! I’m telling all my peeps to stay away from Android. It’s not a good platform. I love Google, but this product they made is just not good.

24 someone December 30, 2010 at 4:58 PM

@Narg

what do u smoke ? Google did not made ANDROID , they bought it .

25 shggg December 31, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Someone has maybe smoking to much weeed

26 tomo100brt January 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM

If it dimension will be like X8 and functions like X10 mini and X10 mini pro it will be big hit. This depends of camera. This model mast have at least 5 MPX camera. Only than it will survive battle.

27 labrador January 2, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I bought my mini pro 5 months ago and now it’s successor already benchmarked??? -____________-

28 pipo January 12, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Are you sure that the buttons are really hardware buttons? It looks like they were dedicated “touchscreen” or “softtouch” buttons, or am I wrong? I would be happy to be wrong. I do not know how they are called. :-/

29 sasuke February 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM

it is the best phone someone know when it is going to release and what will be the price of the phone well if it will be the same as x10 mini then i will buy this phone and i think it will be a hit in market