Dual-touch and one-finger zoom shown off on Xperia X10 [Video]

by X10 on January 17, 2011

in Firmware, Video

Xperia X10 multitouchHopefully, it shouldn’t be too long before we see the dual-touch firmware update for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. While we wait, a video has surfaced that shows dual-touch working on the X10 as well as the one-finger zoom. It seems like a worthy addition to the handset, but the timing of the update is still unknown. We’ll keep you posted on further updates, but in the meantime check out the video after the break.

Via SE Society.

1 steve January 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM

would be nice to have flashplayer on the x10 but guessing we gott wait for xda guys to give us a fully working rom that lets everything work with 2.2 and 2.3 atm i use skyfire for flash

2 Stan January 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Hopefully pinch zoom works in mediascape as well.

3 Viral January 17, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Now all that is needed is flash, a camera flash, 16 million colour support and an OS upgrade.

4 goku January 17, 2011 at 9:18 PM

i hope it will be soon, and yes indeed it will be a good “asset” to the phone, just wondering if it will work just as well as other phones

5 Andy C January 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I wonder if they are waiting to see if these latest attempts at cracking the boot loader work and whether they need to update the security…

6 gennox January 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Too little, too late! If the UXP and Dual Touch upgrade had launched now (in January), it would have been okay. But I’m pretty sure that it’s going to take till March for the rollout, And what about the timescape widget? In this video nothing has changed… Let’s hope they keep improving their software for the last big SE update for the X10… Fingers crossed.

7 Hannah January 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I find it weird that multi-touch wasn’t extended to be present inside Mediascape, and surprised actually that they seem to be taking the hold-and-slide method of zooming that’s present in the X10 mini. I actually loved that method when I was playing around with it, and wished that it was in my regular X10. So… yay? =)

8 =NoXiouS= January 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I think while the dual touch is a good thing; S.E. really needs to focus on bringing 2.3 to the X10. According to some techys, it would be easy for them to modify the arc version 2.3 to work on the X10. That is the only intelligent thing for them to do if they still want to be an option in the smartphone world. My provider currently offers ZERO S.E. devices because of all the X10 B.S.

9 steve January 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

ill have the xperia arc before they release this update just dont fuck it up this time sony although im guessing you will

10 Nolram January 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM

To be honest, as much as I want Gingerbread, I don’t see any benefit for SE in upgrading the X10 to 2.3. They are far better off spending their resources working on a newer line of Android phones.

Mediascape and Timescape aside, I’m very happy with the 2.1 X10.. Give me multi-touch and I’ll be happy.

11 topi January 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

wow!!!!!exciting!!!even SE is delayed in releasing timely updates but the software and hardware aspect is very reliable and very solid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Nicola January 18, 2011 at 2:58 AM

another video.
no update.
yay.

13 Rod M. January 18, 2011 at 3:58 AM

I have rooted my X10 now, so I can use any ROM in XDA. No worries…

14 sarvesh January 18, 2011 at 6:13 AM

will this update be available for X10 mini pro?

15 XtrmShadow January 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM

@sarvfesh it should be available for all the X10 family tho im not 100% sure, goodluck tho ^

16 h0ruza January 18, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Yay!

17 x10 warrior January 18, 2011 at 5:58 PM

where is DLNA?
where is UXP update that they have promised????????

again SE plays their shitty game on customers.

i hate u SE

18 Jonathan January 19, 2011 at 11:45 PM

will you have to do a back up and restore?

19 Nev January 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM

@ Steve and Viral,
To get flash player working on your 2.1 Xperia, follow the guide here. Worked like a charm for me.