CyanogenMod 7 (Gingerbread) hits the Xperia X8

by X10 on March 19, 2011

in Firmware, News, Xperia X8

CyanogenMod 7 (Gingerbread) hits the Xperia X8The devs over at xda have been hard at work on getting CyanogenMod 7 (which includes Android 2.3.3) working on the Xperia X8. It has moved on from an alpha release earlier in the month to an RC2 (Release Candidate) release.

The latest v005 custom Rom includes a Wi-Fi fix that was missing on previous ROMs, but camera issues remain (limited to VGA). Also the light and proximity sensors are not working right now. If you want to try this for yourself, check out the xda thread here.

1 Hotmeatballs March 19, 2011 at 8:44 PM

you guys are really lacking with posting worthy information …
this is just an other post like, go check it out it @ bla bla.
nobody cares about a mod that lacks in everything and if they do, they will get it from xda
not from this blog …

2 Rammstone March 19, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Why is this on the X10 blog?

3 Andres March 20, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I like that they give info about progress of some good roms, because I do not check xda forums and find it useful to keep myself up to date whats going on in that section via this blog.

4 Divr March 20, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Gingerbread also has come to mini and mini pro with froyo for all devices (mini, mini pro and x8) hitting a quite stable pace.
http://xperiaminicyanogen.wordpress.com/ check this for an update of the rom

and by the way, they have updated this x8 gingerbread days ago.

5 JaX3RiR March 20, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I think this is a great blog post. Personally I’m always at a loss when it comes to finding a good ROM for my X10 mini pro, there are just so many alternatives.

And this is on the X10 blog because the X8 is part of the X10 series, believe it or not.

6 Vase March 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Dudes, I’ve been posting comment all over the WebSide and no one has answered me yet! Please, can someone tell me of i can root my X10 mini pro with Android 2.1 with 2.1.1.A.0.6 ?!?! An if it can be rooted how can i do it!! Thanks!

7 Lweek March 22, 2011 at 7:49 AM

This ROM is great. Visualy Gingerbread is jusy awsome. I had only one problem with this ROM, Skype is not working. It throw an error and then even reboot the phone. But I guess it is not exactly problem of this ROM, it is probably problem of Skype and its gingerbread compatibility.

8 sex town March 27, 2011 at 7:44 PM

can you milk a horse?

9 harish June 25, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I am working at sony care center in india ..sony decided to give 2.2 on x8…2.3 on x10 official.
Its true….at august….we are all traing to give 2.3 on x8 and w8 bit the both phones are slowed. that reason we give 2.2 on x8 ,x10mini

10 harish June 25, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Plezzzz,,… Dont root ur phone ..if u root ur phone .plez unroot.because Sony gives latest version of android phones

11 max June 28, 2011 at 8:22 AM

is that really sony will give us the next upgrade of android for x8??? if that’s true, i really appreciate it… :D

12 cyprian July 19, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Hai harish…is it rue sony will give 2.2 to x8 this coming august? when will it come to malaysia? does it support dual touch after update?

13 jijie July 31, 2011 at 12:48 PM

is that true sony will update to 2.2 in august….glad to hear that..i’m not root my x8 yet..so we’ll wait for that

14 imran September 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM

hey friends i have problem in my xperia x8 ,i update my x8 in g……2.3 and my phone camera is not working ……………..plzzzzzzzzz help me