One of the most complete ROMs for the X10 – CyanogenMod 6.1.3 V4.5.7

by X10 on March 19, 2011

in Firmware, News, Video

CyanogenMod 6.1.3 V4.5.7The custom ROMs for the Xperia X10 are coming on leaps and bounds. However, having a browse through the xda-developer forums show a number of different ROMs which can be intimidating for some. Now Wolfbreak from xda has released one of the most complete ROMs in the form of CyanogenMod 6.1.3 V4.5.7.

This includes a working camcorder, Timescape, modified theme and MIUI keyboard and status bar icons. It appears to be a stable release and has already seen a number of revisions over the last few days alone. It looks like weโ€™re getting very close to seeing a complete ROM for the Xperia X10. Check out a quick video of v4.5 in action below.

1 Hott Dogg March 19, 2011 at 10:30 PM

It’s based on Android 2.2, right?

2 MTZ March 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM

yes its 2.2.1
Im using it and suggest it to u all x10 users ๐Ÿ˜€

3 Rick March 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Yes cyanogen 6 is 2.2, cyanogen 7 is 2.3
I’ve been using cyanogen 6.1.3 with gingerbread theme (not actually gingerbread) for two weeks now and its been perfectly stable.
No force closes, working camera, and camcorder. its on xda & its by rendeiro. Highly recommended.

4 Diego Marcellยฒ March 19, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Dual Touch working ?
720p working ?

5 soheil March 19, 2011 at 11:48 PM

in this rom vpn completely inactive ๐Ÿ™
i need vpn connection

6 Lako March 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM

guess not yet i`m not sure but i red one other post whitch is only about the cam fix for all roms and there is not still 720p HD video recording

7 tomatentante March 20, 2011 at 12:08 AM

wifi doesnt work, can anyone help, pls?

8 kfields82 March 20, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I’m still stuck w/1.6….I bought this phone because I have to have the camera and camcorder for my job….or in screwed…….so iv waited til I know there is complete one available wjere everytjing works correctly, …..so which ones do I use where it all works. ..to get me to this….

9 Wolfbreak March 20, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Cool, my ROM made it to XperiaX10.net ๐Ÿ™‚

720p is working but Preview will have green Lines but if you watch the Video when you are done with Recording its fine without a Problem 720P Quality.

Dualtouch is working!

10 Hotmeatballs March 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Why timescape?
Nobody cares about that..
Source: http://www.xperiax10.net/2011/02/23/who-uses-timescape-on-a-daily-basis-poll/
Delete timescape and I might give it a shot
Looks good for the rest, nice job!

11 johny March 20, 2011 at 1:01 AM

if i have baseband 2.0.46 can i install this ROM? or do i need to upgrade my baseband? Because ive heard that every baseband is for each zone

thanks in adv

12 Anders March 20, 2011 at 1:44 AM

I use timescape. It is quite usefull.

But, if you don’t want it, you should be able to remove it from the build yourself…

13 Darth Glacious March 20, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Ffs, do you even read the post? Are you simply retarded?
720p works, just need to chose custom setting in the camera. Preview is screwed up for now, but recording works anyway.
Timescape is available as .zip to be flashed via xrecovery, if you want to. If you don’t, don’t flash it, simple as that.

Find out what your baseband is, if not supported by the ROM change it to one that is, instructions are linked in the post.
In order for the firmware to work properly follow exactly the update procedure: do all the wipes, install the main ROM, do not reboot and install the update, do not reboot and install the Google apps, do not reboot and install any of the extras.

14 Khast March 20, 2011 at 7:31 AM

My biggest question, as I have had it with other custom builds. Does the battery get hot and discharge rapidly at random times? I know it sounds weird, but my phone can be working just fine, then all of a sudden the phone gets hot (Not critical hot, but around 104F), and the battery dies in about 2-4 minutes.

Either that, or this was the pocket warmer feature that was not mentioned. ๐Ÿ™ (Back to 2.1 until I know for sure.)

15 t00z March 20, 2011 at 8:05 AM

tried to get WPA/WPA2 PSK to work.. to no avail. even tried what they recommended – add to open, then use WifiACE. still doesn’t work ๐Ÿ™

16 Machete March 20, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I have the same trouble that Khast have…any suggestions?

17 susanamar March 20, 2011 at 9:32 AM

have anyone tried to use mw600 bjuetooth headset with this x10 new rom? Does it show track name and call id? thanks

18 Heinz March 20, 2011 at 9:48 AM
19 hmm March 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I care about timescape and mediascape, I like it ๐Ÿ™‚

20 SMNSNT March 20, 2011 at 2:58 PM

BEST ROM EVER!

Everything works! Timescape (ARC Timescape) works! Wifi EVERYTHING!

720p doesn’t work …but i don’t shot in 720p so often because it consumes too much space so this is not so much of a problem to me

I flashed .58 baseband to the phone first then this rom afterwards.

(If you are using another ROM it would be best if you flash the phone to the stock SE ROM first…then flash it to .58 baseband…then flash this rom)

CHEERS!

21 android rookie March 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM

tutorial guide anyone? i get some of the basics, but a lot of the jargon and steps are all foreign to me.

22 johny March 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Works pretty well, upgraded from 46 to 55 baseband, then had issues so installed right away this 6.1.3, at first had some issues with SD Card, guess it was because of not so much free space, reinstalled the ROM, then worked fine till this moment.

Enjoying flash xD, sadly Vignette doesnt work ๐Ÿ™

cheers anyway!

23 Amro March 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Could someone tell me what they ment by telling us that this Rom is nearly complete

24 johny March 20, 2011 at 6:35 PM

they meant that there are minimun unresolved issues to get this full working, but as it is it runs fantastic, at first the camera i realized needs work with third party apps like vignette, google googles and barcode scanner, and some crashes at certain moments

but cheers anyways

25 jean March 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM

does it have traditional chinese and japanese input ?

26 kokosune March 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM

I’m running V4.3 of this ROM. (and it’s awesome btw, I recommend it to anyone on SE roms)
What do you guys think I need to do to upgrade to V4.5.7?

The XDA post says:
“You need 4.5 main ROM before dont Update earlier Versions then 4.5 to 4.5.7”

…So he’s saying I need 4.5 before installing 4.5.7, but to I need to completely re-flash to 4.5? Or can I just install it on top of my existing 4.3?

27 johny March 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Flash 4.5 then update to 4.5.7
it worked on me

28 kokosune March 21, 2011 at 2:08 AM

UPDATE:
It doesn’t work. Looks like you need to flash to V4.5 first.

*restores backup* …

29 dyepnoodle March 21, 2011 at 5:35 AM

im currently using this ROM (Great job wolfbreak!) before i was using the combined ROM of Z and Trip, but this one’s much stable. The only problem is, i cannot install the Photo widget, its trying to install and it will say “Application not installed”.

From this vid he had that widget installed. can someone help pls..
thanks in advance!

BTW, SE you guys really suck! Just give us the Bootloader and let the devs at XDA do the work for you fags!

30 firebase March 21, 2011 at 6:01 AM

Does this work on X10 mini pro as well?

31 Hesh March 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM

ive got this running on mine last night. its very smooth and fast. so far i only had few apps FC/ but then figure out it was cos i restored them from a backup. just had to uninstall and reinstall from the market again.

works like a charm!

32 kiranjith March 21, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Could some one help to attain the aim ????

i can hardly find the how to in XDA forum for installing the custom ROM.

Kindly past any how to URLs here..
thanks in advance

33 x10 warrior March 21, 2011 at 8:21 AM

@Kiranjith
Even I am looking for the same
Could some one help us finding the tutorial to get the custom rom installed ?

34 Richard March 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Not using this particular ROM but I’d be amazed if suddenly song names appeared on the mw600 bluetooth headset. I’d definitely move from 2.2 beta4 if it did ๐Ÿ™‚ I discovered over the weekend that WMA encoding doesn’t work as standard in any of the 2.2 or 2.3 ROMs. Only way to play them is with PowerAmp that I’ve found ($5 after the trial). May look at converting my WMA music if so, thankfully most of my stuff is MP3. SE 2.1 supports WMA with no issues so could be a problem for some.

Anyone used both 2.2 beta4 and this one and found this one more stable? So far beta4 has been pretty solid for me.

35 Richard March 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Btw if you’re struggling to find the info on how to install these roms when it’s incredibly easy to find this on the xda site then probably custom ROMs are not for you…

36 Ekul March 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

@Richard: The real question is why you aren’t using PowerAMP all the time… ?

I’m hoping we’ll get trackID on the MW600 at some point, but it may not be in the cards.

37 rojdag March 21, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Got this working today, its great. Had some issues at first but mainly with restored apps easily fixed. But been reading up on XDA seems the devs are getting extremely close to bypassing the bootloader ๐Ÿ™‚

Fingers crossed over here…..

38 Builtbymusic March 21, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I seem to keep getting the same problem no matter who’s rom i use, the rom works fine only i never get any service, i follow the instructions to the letter, everything else works perfect apart from the service thing, what am i doing wrong?

39 Jan-Ernst March 22, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Seemed to work fine at first sight, but couldn’t get wifi working. Neither got no phone signal, no providers found. Still looked very nice. But in the end switched back to stock rom, ofcourse rooted, xrecovery, jit, etc.

40 eric March 22, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Helpโ€ฆ I stupidly re-installed the latest stock rom on my phone and now XRecovery dosenโ€™t workโ€ฆ So I cant install this rom now.

41 tookie March 22, 2011 at 4:40 AM

@jan-ernst
keep trying. use wifi advanced config editor if you have to. but it’ll eventually work. you may have to tweak wpa_supplicant in /data/misc/wifi manually also. and rebooting the phone after you do the changes help. i can’t really pinpoint the exact solution, but those are the ones i tried to get wifi working with WPA/WPA2-PSK. WEP works fine without extra intervention

@eric
just go back to xda-developers and read the instructions on how to root, install xrecovery, then flash the rom you want (READ THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY at the first post of each rom! important!!). please do not post there and ask for help. search the threads. people have been kind enough to post full guides on how to get it working. if you get flamed there for asking a question answered 2 months ago.. please don’t blame me.
good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

after using this rom for 1~2 days, the battery life.. wasn’t that good. (lost 15% when sleeping. 8hrs) . so i’m going back to z’s freex10 beta4 (lose 4% when sleeping. 8hrs). you can see why ๐Ÿ™‚

42 shmo March 22, 2011 at 4:45 AM

help me. im newbies who just bouhght the phne. when try to instal xrec it show force close. can anyone help me.tq

43 Richard March 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM

@Ekul Because I’m all for free software so don’t pay for apps or pirate them. That said I’ve been trialling PowerAmp this week and it is much better than even Winamp which up to now I’ve been perfectly happy with. May pursuade me to part with $5…

44 diego March 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM

This Rom comes with Spanish language? the touch to focus feature works??

45 Mile March 23, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Installed it last night…Has been working perfectly….Just a few Force closes…but other then that nothing so far. Good job. Also flash works great…

46 Lastride25 March 23, 2011 at 1:47 AM

The old version of this rom v4.3 had a great photo widget that would display all of your photos in a circular motion. Does anyone know where I can find it??

47 Multibomber March 23, 2011 at 4:23 AM

I’m running [Cyanogen6.1.3]gingerbread[v01] with baseband 2.1.54 I would love to upgrade to this ROM v4.5.7 … but I read earlier that I need v4.5 of this ROM in order to upgrade to v4.5.7. Where can I download v4.5 so i can then upgrade to v4.5.7? Thank you guys so much for your help, cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, as I am in California on AT&T, does this ROM work with the AT&T 3G Microcell?

48 Chuck March 23, 2011 at 6:28 AM

i have a issue regarding MMS.
i cant send and receive MMS.
Any solutions?

49 rahul March 23, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Its awesome rom. I am using for last ten days. Very stable and fast.

Just one thing I see sometime suddenly batter looses couple of battery points with in 15 min or so. Then again get stable. Not a big issue ..

Great Work !!!
Can hope will soon see gingerbread on Xperia X10

50 eric March 23, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Ok installed this – there is something missing – it downloads the programs from market but then they don’t install…? Other things seem to be fine but I can’t install anything – wondering if it’s read only or something…?

51 Multibomber March 23, 2011 at 6:40 PM

OK totally just found v4.5 sorry.

@shmo When I had that problem with xRecovery, I had to format my SD card then reinstall xRecovery to get it to work.

52 eric March 24, 2011 at 9:41 AM

@ Multibomber – that worked cheerz!

Good rom – trounced my Galaxy S – three times as fast (Darky’s Rom in Linpack) and just under but not much with Quadrant.

53 pax psych0sis March 25, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Does anyone have a backup of a north American rom? Ie. Rogers? My back up is corrupt. And I’m at a loss. Love this custom rom, but would really like stock rom for when 2.3.3 isreleased. Please help! Thank you

54 TankRat March 27, 2011 at 8:43 PM

720p has now been achieved on this ROM in v053. Wolfbreak has a great ROM. zdzihu cracked the 720p camcorder issue after Wolfbreak solved the camcorder. I use Wolfbreaks ROM daily and it is fully functional. Eventful weekend on XDA! ๐Ÿ˜€

55 Cymric March 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I don’t if you guys have tried all the MOD ROM’s but personally after trying out all the ROMs I’ve come to the conclusion rendeiro’s mix of:- Beta4 by zdzihu; &- TRM_Cyanogen6.1.3 by rdannar. is the best.

Try it : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=947613