CyanogenMod 7 officially coming to 2010 Xperia handsets

by X10 on September 27, 2011

in Firmware, News, X10 mini & X10 mini pro, Xperia X8

CyanogenModSteve Kondik, CyanogenMod’s chief developer, has officially confirmed that CyanogenMod 7 (CM7) will be supporting all of the currently released Xperia smartphones in an upcoming release. This includes support for all of the 2010 and 2011 Xperia devices.

CyanogenMod has been working with the FreeXperia team to make this happen and Kondik confirmed that FreeXperia is now part of the CM development group. This is great news and gives our Xperia phones support from one of the most recognised Android developer groups. This will finally be a great reason to get those bootloaders unlocked. Click through for the full statement from Kondik.

Steve Kondik

If you are a Sony Ericsson owner you may be interested in knowing that the upcoming CyanogenMod release will feature support for 10 new devices. This is a joint work between CyanogenMod and the FreeXperia team, which is now also part of the CM development group.

– Xperia Arc
– Xperia X10 Mini Pro

1 Aniq Ahmed September 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM

yeehaw!!

2 Philip September 27, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Awesome! This made my day 😀

3 Simon Royal September 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I have been running CyanogenMod MiniCM7 on my X10 Mini for a few weeks and it rocks. Now gonna buy a X10 Mini Pro and run MiniCM7 Pro on it. These mods are awesome.

4 b l u e September 27, 2011 at 12:20 PM

another crap rom then 🙂

5 ianthetaxman September 27, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Sorry for sounding numb, but what exactly does this mean? I have an X10 running on stock SE 2.3. If I flash/root my phone so I can use this new release, what will it actually do for me? WIll it allow the 2.3.4 update that the newer 2011 Xperia range are getting at the moment, and more importantly, what are the known bugs with this?

6 mikkojmaattanen September 27, 2011 at 4:39 PM

to ianthetaxman: if cm7 is going to be improvement over cm6, or even at par, it will be a great improvement on phone compared to stock 2.3. I used cm6 based froyo rom before updating to stock 2.3, and that was a major step backwards on usability and battery life.

7 Damo September 29, 2011 at 1:03 AM

it’s quite funny how yesterday I left a message on their fb asking for this…

8 xhemun September 29, 2011 at 8:14 AM

greaaat news!!!!! when is it releasing????

9 Mugsy September 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Upcoming….When?
Please! When!?

10 izero October 3, 2011 at 4:01 AM

My x10 mini pro runs at android 2.1, do I have to convert this to android 2.3 before having this update?

11 chan October 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM

hi… sorry for sounding noob, but i can’t really understand it. i can feel the positivity of the news, and i can feel that i’m gonna benefit with this news… but i just cannot grasp the main point. hehe

does this mean i would be able to use CM7 rom without voiding my warranty? this has my been my single concern since i bought it. if i root my phone and install custom rom, my warranty would be void. so does this news is good news for me? thank you and great day to you!!!!

12 Domse October 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM

So when will it be released, can’t wait no longer. Let me know as soon as possible.

13 Sliganslogan October 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

hey guys the forum for the X10 on the cyangenmod forums is up so i suspect that it will be released soon

14 Anders November 11, 2011 at 1:49 AM

11 chan, you will voiding your warranty when you unlock the rom and install CM7. You will get much newer version of Android though. So it is up to you to decide if that is good enough of benefits to loose your warranty.

It has been clearly stated many times on SE that you loose your warranty when unlocking the rom.

15 Nirmal Bhetwal December 4, 2011 at 10:15 AM

awesome!!!!
hoping to get honeycomb 3.2 for x10 mini pro…