SE Brazil asking Xperia X10 owners to send in their handsets to upgrade to Android 2.3.3

by X10 on November 28, 2011

in Firmware, News

X10 GingerbreadThe Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Gingerbread update started to roll out at the end of July. However, those in Brazil are only just starting to receive the update. To make matters worse, Sony Ericsson is telling owners that the update can only be completed by SE technicians. That means users have to send their handset to Sony Ericsson to upgrade their handset.

The service is free thankfully and the company promises that it should take around seven calendar days to complete. We’re not entirely sure why the handset would need to be sent back, especially given that everyone else around the world could upgrade their X10 to Gingerbread using PC Companion or SEUS. If anyone has any ideas let us know in the comments below.

Thanks Crispim!

1 X10 --> PLAY November 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM

i think it is due to the random reboot issue…
my x10 suffered from random reboot after upgrading to 2.3.3
try reflashing with SEUS and pc companion.. no luck.. still the same…
i saw online, that it is due to some bad soldering connections to the cpu..
perhaps they are trying to fix that?
well my x10 stops rebooting after i switch back to 2.1

2 majuro November 29, 2011 at 1:10 AM

they’re installing a spy chip? lol

3 Gabriel Reis November 29, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I don’t know why but after I saw the post I came here to learn how to do it myself.

4 the pope November 29, 2011 at 12:19 PM

yes, i was half way to brazil when my phone stopped working, i will be there soon so i will check it out dude!

5 Ricardo MB November 29, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I contacted the online support chat and they told me that it’lll take about 15 days to get it done. :(

6 Asrail November 29, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Hello,

unbranded phones were already upgraded. The issue was that the branded ones did depend on the phone companies.

Probably they’re going to root and replace the branding for a generic one. Then the owners will be able to use PC Companion to restore, update and such. You void your warranty if rooting, but SE can root and unroot if it wants.

Let’s wait for the first happy guy with Android 2.3.3 on X10 by the SE staff to confirm this.

7 ridoi hasan November 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

i using sony ericsson x peria x10 mini pro…why ask. for adobe flash player. when i want try of video chating or online eadit some thing….

8 DFizz November 30, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Ha hahahahahah that’s hilarious what the hell are they playing at? That’s gona be be fair labour intensive!! Still fair dues to em for going through all the trouble to update there phones..

9 Markitos December 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM

How to degrade your phone back to Android 2.1? and what’s the use of rooting of phone?

Thanks…

10 Scootster December 2, 2011 at 6:40 AM

PLEASE DO NOT upgrade your X10 to 2.3.3 or you will regret it. As you can read in SE official forum, lotsa people are having problem with their X10 after the upgrade. I’m having the same problem too. After the upgrade, X10 will restart/reboot by itself while surfing the net, streaming video or audio. using gps apps etc. From what I read, go as far as 2.2.3 (if there is one) or stick to 2.1.

Now I looking for ways to downgrade mine to 2.2

11 Peosea December 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I really don’t know what you people are talking about. Had GB since it came out with Rogers and got no problem. Phone lags a little bit sometimes tho

12 Kragom December 3, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Updated mine to gingerbread as soon as it was out and before my operator was ready to, with help of xda developers. Upgrade was very smooth and I have had no problems. Am really happy with the phone right now. Bonus was that now I can finally use”chrome to phone”.

13 Rajesh December 4, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Hi,
Is the update available for US at&t xperia users?

14 Son Goku December 4, 2011 at 5:10 PM

anyone heard any news from Cyanogen mod gingerbread for x10??

15 James995 December 4, 2011 at 7:40 PM

My Xperia X10 after upgrade to 2.3.3 reboots when is too warm and when downloading data from net takes too long, probably is overheating. It also hangs after few minutes of talking. X10 is piece of shit and I will send it to service. I have X10 mini pro with generic 2.1 but after 4 months the battery is dead and I can’t recharge it, phone is useless. Previous phones like K800i was greate, I have one (about four years) and phone is still working great. New SE phones are beautifull and full of bugs. Bye SE.

16 the pope December 7, 2011 at 12:18 PM

fo shizzle!

17 DFizz December 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Ya Son Goku what has happened to Cyanogen mod? Was looking forward to that..

18 the pope December 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

son goku is now a buddist monk, you wont be hearing from him from him as he has taken a vow of silence!

19 Son Goku December 9, 2011 at 11:06 PM

wtf?? any DFizz i was looking forward to that, it been over a month and nothing new about CM7. i did read something about CM9, but probably wont be available for x10 :(

20 Son Goku December 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

wtf?? anyway DFizz i was looking forward to that, it been over a month and nothing new about CM7. i did read something about CM9, but probably wont be available for x10 :(

21 Sliganslogan December 10, 2011 at 4:44 PM

@Son Goku
they’re working on FXP048 but haven’t seem to released it although they did say that cm9 will be made for all the new xperias and the x10

22 Son Goku December 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM

@ sliganslogan
nice do you know when it will be released?

23 Sliganslogan December 11, 2011 at 6:49 PM

@Son Goku
well i don’t know if you’ve already seen it but fxp050 was released today

24 Son Goku December 11, 2011 at 7:55 PM

@ sliganslogan

cheers, is it a stable rom? suitable for everyday use?

25 Sliganslogan December 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

@Son Goku
I haven’t tried it out yet but i think it is

26 the pope December 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM

son goku your back! what happed at the monestery? did they lick you out for being G A Y ?

27 me -> piss-off ! December 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

i bought my xperia x10 in april this year . . and it just went shitty@stopped working in sept . . sent to service centre and they upgraded my phone . . and then it went shitty again this month . . and u call it ORIGINAL ?! not worth it . i hate it and i’m gonna to change my phone . *piss-off

28 Jay December 22, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I been using Wolf Gingerbread for many months now on my Xperia X10. Also Unlocked the boot. It’s working great! Didn’t had any problem at all.
Do check out his thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1192988

29 sjithendra December 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM

helo to every one
iam new to this blogspot can any one help me to update my phone sony ericssion xperia10 mini to 2.2…is there any way to do it o not?or whether it is posible or not??can any one tell me

30 Leoanrdo January 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM

After I saw the news, I made it by myself, and took about 20 minutes… The SEi n Bazil should have more respect with their clients..

31 simon March 21, 2012 at 1:55 AM

x10 2.3

32 Myna May 31, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Help I don’t know how to setup my android market. Now my phone is boring cos I’m not able to download any apps. Contact number 078 483 4834, anyone hu can help please I’m desparet here?

33 Myna May 31, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Help, I cant setup my android market. Each time I try doing it via setup wizard I seem to fail. Now my Xperia X10 mini pro is totally boring cos I can nit even download most of the apps. Anyone who can help please contact 078 483 4834 I would really appreciate it.

34 Myna May 31, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Or find me on Facebook, myna Tsotetsi.

35 hanshin February 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM

how can i update my xperia x10 SO-01B ntt docomo from japan?pls can help?