Xperia X10 user manual uncovered

by X10 on December 19, 2009

in Applications, Imaging, News, Problems, Tips & Tricks

Xperia X10 user manualThe Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 handset is not due to land until Q1 2010, however a draft manual has been unearthed from those helpful guys at the FCC. It’s more of a user guide than a fully fledged manual but it still covers 40 pages of the phones features. We’ve painstakingly attached each page for you to gander over.

It goes through the different hardware features, the Timescape & Media applications, the camera and even troubleshooting. Check it out below.

1 Abdul Rauf Abdul Rehman April 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Recently i purchase Sony X10 but i was very upset when i started using the phone
1- It does not have any extra features in compare to other normal mobile phone
2-Cannot view monthly callender like other mobile phone without internet support
3-Ringing volume is very low in compare to Satio mobile
4- Music does not have equalizer (which is the major drawback)
5-Supported features required internet conection which is very expensive
6-More themes are not included
7-Does not have TV output
Over all this mobile is very low grade in compare to price

2 jallis April 27, 2010 at 1:46 PM

when i open my phone the sliding thing has changed its site.
it was on right but now is on left.
i am used to open when its at right so this sucks.

3 X10 April 27, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Easy solution. At the top of the curve, simply swipe to the opposite direction and the lock screen will change side.

4 Lakshminarayan April 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Xperia X10: i could not find it interesting for the following;
1) how to enable speaker phone when a call is coming?, no clues
2) Calendar view setting – how to permanently set Calender view to monthly?
3) The new contacts entering/editing text font is very small and not rotate to landscape view,
4) Difficult to erase call logs (specific one, there is option to clear all logs)
5) the sound is very small
6) No. of ring tones is less than 15, it makes more work to download from internet

5 Cecilie May 14, 2010 at 5:17 PM

can i get a radio on the phone?
and the ringtones is it only the phones ringtones there can be used? or can i use my own numbers like (inna – hot , tiësto.)? or isn’t that imposible?

6 kenneth May 17, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Is there a way to use the the photo light as an LED flash? Its knida annoying when you have to keep the photo light on.

7 myshov May 22, 2010 at 1:41 PM

i v got a problem… i tiped 3 times a wrong pin.. now it wants the “PUK” but there is no keyboard where i could write.. only the emergency call… THX for help guys

8 Sian Miles May 28, 2010 at 1:24 PM

How do I turn speaker phone on?

9 charlie May 29, 2010 at 4:14 AM

when your on a call tap the far left button (the one with the 4 small squares on it) brings up a little menu that allows you to mute, swap calls, turn on spkr, etc…

10 Ebony May 31, 2010 at 4:50 AM

I just recently purchased the sony ericcson experia x10 i have downloaded some music from my computer to my phone.. Is there anyways i can use this music as personalized ring tones for contacts?

11 Yas June 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM

When im on the phone to my mate the volume is so low even when i put it full. Is there any way to make it any more louder?
Thanks.

12 James Hookey June 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Easiest way to make it louder is use a headset or turn to speaker phone. On a crowded street with many trucks going by it would be hard to hear otherwise, I hate that. When you are talking press the bottom left key, it will bring up some options, one is speaker phone. That key does all the menu’s, the middle key closes everything, and the right bottom key takes you back a page. What I’m tryin to figure out is how to connect it to my PC. Once you have done that, probably you need to convert the sound file to a certain format which most phones allow for ring tone use, and you need to ensure the sound is under a certain length.

13 corey curnew June 20, 2010 at 3:18 AM

How do I load music from my vista pc to the X 10. I tried plugging in the usb from pc to phone but no go. Please tell me that my only option isn’t getting an adapter for the micro sd card.

14 kathleen July 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM

how do i forward a text message on my x 10

15 Liz July 2, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Can i put the phone to automatic answer when I’m on handsfree and also even though i have no voicemail messages, how do i get rid of the icon in the top left hand corner which indiates that i have messages?

16 yas July 4, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Im still having problems with the voice speaker. I dont carry headphones with me where ever i go and i dont like putting it on loudspeaker. Any of you’s have the same problem??

17 paul July 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM

i have a experia x10i,i used to be able to control mediascape through my bluetooth handsfree mw600,to stop and start and change tracks,but now it does not work.is there any thing i can do

18 charles July 8, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Most of the options are available through the menu key (bottom left hard button) or by pressing down on the icon until options pop-up. Also, you can go to Sony Ericsson’s website to download the media-go application for your pc. This will sync any media files you have with your x10. Once on your x10, go to mediascape and hit more on the top right. There you will find your pics and music files, which you can then use for contact pictures and ringtones. I don’t know if there’s a way to add pics/ringtones when editing a contact however.

19 Trev July 25, 2010 at 10:31 AM

how do i shut this stupid thing up when i recieve a msg on it… got the x10 mini, set my own ringtones but cant shut them up once they start

20 Kingkong July 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM

@Trev, tho I havetn tested to use my own ringtone, I think it will play the entire ringtone in a single loop before it stops.

@corey curney, once you have plugged in your xperia x10 to your pc, going to my computer will not help you see the content of your sd card right away. from your xperia x10′s homepage, locate the taskbar (at the top) and then use your finger to drag that taskbar down. you should see the options… select mount to copy files from your phone to pc and vice versa.

@kathleen, to forward a message, tap on the message you want to forward, then press the first button on the bottom left of your phone. it has only forward and delete options. terribly annoying i know.. and there’s no inbox/sent/draft to differentiate the messages (same goes for calls)..

21 mazi July 30, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I can’t find the market app on my xperia x10..i’ve looked everywhere i can think of, can anyone help me find it?

22 Alex August 10, 2010 at 11:58 AM

23 acit cikgu August 16, 2010 at 5:39 AM

The keyboard for messaging is very unfriendly. In standard ABC mode, I need to tap 1 to go to space. The dictionary is not friendly and I am unable to disable the Chinese characters. Please help

24 Punam Bhogal August 17, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Hi.. Can somebody please tell me how can i copy contacts on my x10mini…. I was using a Samsung Corby when i bluetooth all my contacts the x10mini connects but does not pair. Is there any way I can copy contacts? I have more than 400 contacts so i cannot copy from simcard.Thank you

25 Jas W August 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Hi… Urgently, can anyone guide me under which header to change the phone language? I accidentally changed the language to a foreign one and i couldnt read which header to go back to switch back to English….!!!! HELP!!!!

26 Jas W August 18, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Sorry i am having a X10 mini……thanks if anyone could help!!

27 daniel August 28, 2010 at 11:58 PM

28 daniel August 29, 2010 at 12:01 AM

can someone please tell me how to change my ringtone with a song that i want, not with those that the phone had…..i need is information ples.heip me out

29 Luxie August 29, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Daniel just download the song you want with Ringtones application and there you’ll have in the bottom of the page some options. one of it is to chose the song as a default ringtone or for certain contacts.I see these as the only posibility. Btw, in my case download doesn’t work while the phone is plugged to the pc, nore the ringtones.

30 Skinny August 31, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Please help i have got 3 problems.
1.How to set my speaker phone on.

2.To delete messages on sms.

3.To add new contact.

Thanks

31 Mark September 2, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Hi, Im trying to setup bluetooth, but it says paired but not connected. This is a friends phone that I am trying to enable from my BB, but the first phone that I have been unable to connect to via Bluetooth.

32 Charles Cookey September 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I recently purchased Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 mini pro but the manual inside was not written in english. In my attempt to get to know the i mistakenly change the language from english, iam lost as to how to revert back to english language to enable me use the phone.Please help?

33 Graham Swift September 8, 2010 at 1:07 PM

BBC web site says that it is possible to add an application for the new BBC iPlayer on this phone . When I tried to do so I got an error message which says that the phone does not support BBC iPlayer .

Also I have been unable to retrieve a text message with an accompanying photograph taken on a friend’s Nokia phone . He’s sent it twice but I can’t receive it .

34 Cmdr. Beavis September 12, 2010 at 1:15 AM

In order to set your own song/music clip to be your ringtone, you just have to play it from the phone, then, while it’s playing, hit the Menu button (on the left, with the four little squares, at least on the X10a), and select “Set as ringtone.”

What I want to know is how to set OTHER ‘ring tones’ from songs, like my calendar alarm tone, etc.

-CB

35 Alaskan September 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

When texting or messaging, is there a way to disable the chinese text conversion feature. Can be quite annoying- would like it to permanently default to english. Hope you can help!

36 Lisa September 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM

is there a way to control the volume for the alarm? its just too loud

37 juli October 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM

How do I delete pictures taken and not wanted?????????????????????????????

38 Russ October 8, 2010 at 8:53 AM

i tapped the wrong pattern many times. & appeared the sign in& password to google. but didn’t set up one. how can i unlock my phone? also appeared the emergency call below the sign in window.

39 Gaurav November 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM

could anyone letme know how to install apps in Xperia 10????
I have downloaded loads of them and copied in “others” folder in memory card….
I tried lot many ways but wasnt able to find out any……
But when i download any app using X10 den those could be installed easily!!!!
Could NE1 help me please……

40 jag22 November 4, 2010 at 7:10 AM

1. is there any way we can customize our message alert tone? if so, please give details
2. how can we send vcard or contact details to another person?

many thanks

41 Jennifer Weston November 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM

How do I use the speakerphone? Several people ask where it is and no one has answered????

42 Janice November 22, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I have a few questions:
1. How can you forward a text message?
2. How can you change the font on text messages?
3. How can you delete certain messages without deleting the entire thread?

43 Asher December 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Can someone tell me how to change the language please. I accidentaly selected Spanish.

Many Thanks

44 bryony December 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM

every time i go to write a text message, a previous message i have sent in that conversation omes up in the text box, which i have to delete by pressing backbackbackbackback before i can start writing my message. its annoying and has only been happening for the past couple a weeks and didn’t happen before that, is it something that i have accidently set it to do? and can i change it back? (sony ericsson xperia x10 mini) xx

45 D January 1, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Why does my last message/missed stay on the display page. I can’t seem to remove it. Also, all my facebook contacts are now in my phone book but I don’t want them there. How can I get rid of them?

46 Mustafa February 7, 2011 at 1:09 PM

With XPERIA X10 can I make the text font and icons bigger ?

47 mahaveer February 19, 2011 at 7:37 AM

every time i go to write a text message, a previous message i have sent in that conversation omes up in the text box, which i have to delete by pressing backbackbackbackback before i can start writing my message. its annoying and has only been happening for the past couple a weeks and didn’t happen before that, is it something that i have accidently set it to do? and can i change it back? black berry

48 NO love NO love February 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Got problems with my Xperia X10.. As i saw those videos about X10 on youtube, their unlock screen is slanting (whatever form left to right or from right to left).. But mine is a bit different that the unlock screen is horizontal style.. any idea to change this feature??

49 Rhonda March 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

How do I customise message alert and ringtones for my contacts, also how do I disable the chinese conversion feature when texting.

50 kelvin July 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Entered the wrong unlock code 3 time, and now its asking for a gmail login? I dont have a gmail account. How can I unlock my phone

51 Shelley D August 2, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Hi I need help URGENTLY!!!!! I have a Xperia and it has changed to a foreign language and I dont know hoe to geet it back to english….please can anyone HELP?????? thanks

52 raju October 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I have a Xperia mini pro. I have some concers with my phone. can some one help me

1. When I try to upload a photo as a wallpaper, I get the crop which does not take the full photo. how do I take away the crop funtion. I just wanted the photo as it is in the wall paper.
2. How do I create playlist ? I have uploaded songs in folders and now I cannot retrive them as folders. I jsut says recently played, never played
3. I do not have the mindspace option in my menu list. How do I get that.
4. When I try to zoom a photo shot, it says ringer volume +-. How do I zoom the picture?

53 ash December 22, 2011 at 4:13 PM

how can we use it’s flash

54 Ron July 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM

How to turn on speaker when listening to phone m essages????