Sony Ericsson LiveView App hits the Android Market

by X10 on November 8, 2010

in Accessories, Applications

Sony Ericsson LiveView AppIn a sign that Sony Ericsson’s LiveView Bluetooth display is soon to be released, the application has hit the Android Market. The app itself is a simple affair that basically manages the connection of the display with your Android phone as well as choosing what information you want displayed.

We’ve attached a few pictures of the app after the jump. They show that you can customise exactly which tiles you want displayed on the LiveView device. This includes choosing from text messages, incoming calls, missed calls, facebook, twitter, RSS and calendar notifications. The display is due to be released in the next fortnight with Play.com listing it for £49.99 for release on 19th November.

Sony Ericsson LiveView App

Sony Ericsson LiveView App

Sony Ericsson LiveView App

Sony Ericsson LiveView App

1 Yas November 8, 2010 at 4:19 AM

Can I use MW600 + LIVEVIEW? Both bluetooth device’s connected to same phone?
Is it possible? To answer calls from MW600 or play music on MW600 and change tracks/pause using LiveView??

2 x10 Owner November 8, 2010 at 4:20 AM

cool

3 Saro November 8, 2010 at 4:23 AM

@Yas
Yes it is possible. I have used MW600 and MBW-150 and both worked pretty well.

4 Bayhas Kana November 8, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I am a watch collector, so I’ll be getting myself a LiveView, but the question here, what is the expected battery life cycle on this thing??

Short battery span will certainly be a deal killer, as it will render this device impractical and inconvenient… think about having to recharge your watch daily…

5 Andrew. D November 8, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Not bad….but 50pounds?

6 Moonfly November 8, 2010 at 9:11 AM

@Bayhas Kana

Battery life should be around 4 days according to SE

7 lukman November 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM

4 days..??is it water resistant..??

8 OSCAR November 8, 2010 at 6:38 PM

When will it arrive here in the States??!! This is the perfect thing to match up with a non bluetooth and bluetooth headset for the phone for my Mountain Bike Rides. I just wonder X10 are you going to do a full review of how long it lasts and what functions it drains battery the most and if it would be better at that point to upgrade to a Aftermarket battery(Ex: Cameron Sino,Mugen, Etc.)Waiting for this and to get the Mw-600 for the holidays :).

9 John November 9, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Oscar: Would be mega-cool if you could have charged your phone from a dynamo on the bike – never a battery issue when you are riding! 🙂

10 ankaho November 9, 2010 at 9:28 AM

It is perfect for adding gps Android compass

11 OSCAR November 9, 2010 at 6:39 PM

@ John – That sounds awesome never thought about it that way but then again it would make the bike heavier,unless the bike was a ultra light MTB then it would be more do-able. Carbon fiber here I come! LOL 🙂
@ Ankaho- Exactly. If it ever came here to the States I’d using Endomondo like crazy with it!!

@ X10 please do a follow up on LiveView and Mugen3600mah combination!!

12 OSCAR November 9, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Unless I get a lightweight solar panel then were talkin som real innovation!!!

13 belgianfox November 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Just received an update to version 1.0.A.0.10 I’m curious when the LiveView will be available here in Belgium.

14 balaradu February 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Here is a tutorial on how to connect the Sony Ericsson LiveVIew micro display to your phone because i saw people had problems and also the re is one for sale http://www.sh-phones.com/?p=74

15 Ankit June 23, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Can anyone tell me how to install it in my xperia x10????