Facebook inside Xperia heading to X10

by X10 on May 26, 2011

in Firmware, News, Video

Facebook inside XperiaRikard Skoberg over at the SE Product Blog has given a quick update regarding Android Gingerbread on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. There is no mention of timing but he says that “work is progressing well” and he will shortly reveal what features it will contain. However, he has confirmed that it will be getting the Facebook inside Xperia feature as part of this Gingerbread update. For an idea of how this works, click through for a quick demo video.

Via SE Product Blog.

1 Janus May 26, 2011 at 3:54 PM

The good news keeps rolling in.
Which model in the video was doing the “TV-screen turn-off”-shutdown effect? I know the arc doesn’t have it (which sucks), and I wonder if the X10 will get it (which would be awesome).

2 Loi May 26, 2011 at 5:24 PM

The question is: how laggy FB@Xperia would be? And if it isn’t, can we export this feature in our custom roms?

3 toche May 26, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Yeppie..I can’t wait oh
Am lovin my x10 wuld by the next flag ship diffinately not the arc
I ℓơ√ε̲̣̣̣̥ the phone but to much close similarity

4 pak ya May 26, 2011 at 5:39 PM

C’mon2.. i can’t wait anymore..

5 x10 warrior May 26, 2011 at 7:36 PM

yyyeeee!!! yappeee.. kkeeeee……..
at last … after a looooooooooong long wait…
my x10 gonna run on present OS….

1.6 to 2.3.3 -> 😀
– but when? 🙁
please release before 2.4… let make us up2date for at least one day…

6 x10 is the real XPERIA May 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM

oh buddy!!! YEEEES!! THEY DID IT!! CAN’t wait to get in touch with the official 2.3.3 on my xperia..

+ battery performance!!
+ we <3 GINGErBREAD!!

hell yeah.. keep rockin XPERIA X10 community!!

7 seus lightling May 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM

calm down guays please if we get before christmas will be great not every kit will get at ones. be patience and remeber this is Se .

I will keep my self down till xda-developer relese the root flashtool version. Even if the se give the 2.3.3 i will wait root — root is most important thing for meeeeee!!!!

BTW some people are interesting they hate Se in the previouse posts now they are entusiasts of se i dont understand. Some people come only when se is shitiing everyone like MR fact is fact. when every thinh is allright it gone. Those behaviours amazing me

sorry for ENglish

8 Jesper Simonsen, Denmark. May 26, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..!!!

9 lghost May 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM

err………..I wish they have the RAW 2.3.3version, I hate the plug in from them.

10 Tarita May 27, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Great!!!! Facebook inside Xperia is too good.

11 Coyote May 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM

As usual with SE update is taking too long… and still no real information about which phones will get it or not or what features will be there or not. Is it still unbranded X10’s only or is it certain networks or all networks?

Will the camera work properly or not? How about HD video? Still too many unknowns.

Anyone know anymore????

12 Paul May 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM

This is quite the turn around for SE, considering we were told we wouldnt be going further than 2.1 🙂 its taken a struggle to get here though. :/

13 paul May 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM
14 King Moe May 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM

So what are the improvements in 2.3 from the 2.1.

15 swapniladsure May 27, 2011 at 7:32 PM

but in this video they are saying that this facebook features are only available for new xperia series …not for xperia x10i users …watch video carefully

16 Somarriba May 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Great!!

Now I will have an application (Facebook) everywhere on my phone that I dont use…making my phone slower!!!! :S

At least SE should think on customer like some of us that dont use facebook and give us the option to uninstall this feature. 🙁

SE hasnt said if we will be able to remove the aplls that we dont want yet…but considering we did NOT had that option before I dont think we’ll have it this time either. I hope I am wrong.

But anyways, overall… Im happy to have a new updated SO.

Cheers

17 Rune Danmark May 27, 2011 at 8:12 PM

I’m just hoping for a tethering function. So it can have the same function like all other phones.

And inside facebook? REALLY?! another crap app that i WON’T use … WUHU!

18 x10 warrior May 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM

folks…
dont be exited..
according to them the update will only be rolled-out to generic firmwares.
So most of us may hav to hold off your excitement.

Repeat the same what we were doing an year before……
🙁 its SE….
Sucks always…

19 aranny2001 May 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM

how to check if your phone is generic firmwares or not?

20 =NoXiouS= May 28, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Many will need to root in order to get the GB update anyhow. Main thing is that it should work good on X10 and then most everything in other handsets will finally be on X10! Flash, Tethering, better battery etc. I’m looking forward to it. I could get an Arc or Play on a good deal, but I’m not buying S.E. until they make good on X10 promises. 🙂

21 andrei May 28, 2011 at 6:28 AM

lol. Meh, with this update we`ll get rid of timescape and mediascape and all the crap we’ve loaded your phones with. How about a facebook app? Just look at all these features. Isn’t it kewl? You`ll also have our NEW UXP, that’s really really important for us, if your single-cored 1 ghz is too fast in comparison to other phones; now we`ll add some graphics on top of the android, which is not good enough, and we’re doing it just because it’s open source, because your phone is way too fast, and you can’t handle that much speed; we have to make it slow. We will never release the bootloader because you can harm your phone in any way. Since you bought it, you can throw it over the window, but you can’t have access @ the bootloader. All the external features are free to use. I think we`d love to have some more money to unlock your bootloader. THIS is how SE thinks. they need money, they don’t care about our phones or us. I think facebook is useless. there’s an app for that on the market, BUT, i`m not a facebook user, and i really don’t like it. So.. no more timescape & mediascape, fuck the facebook from market, we`ll design you something that’ll slow your phone? Great way to start, presenting your junk, but not the OS update itself.

22 chaussures mbt May 28, 2011 at 9:27 AM

very good site.there is so many nice picture and i make it my bookmark.

23 geopit May 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM

“how to check if your phone is generic firmwares or not?”

Home>Back>Back>Home>Back>Home>Home>Back>Service info>Software info

24 Damian May 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Is there a baseband update from SE ? I saw one in xda, but I cant find any info in SE website regarding an update of bb?

25 Ian May 29, 2011 at 7:02 AM

the phone has become too social.

26 Somarriba May 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

“andrei May 28, 2011 at 6:28 AM
Great way to start, presenting your junk, but not the OS update itself.”

Good Summary!!! I totally agree with u

27 hardik June 1, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Oh yea…. Just cant wait any more longer…:-(

28 haylock June 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I didnt think facebook inside xperia was for the x10 :S

29 shibby June 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM

only 3 months to wait til we get 2.3.3. then we wait for nice xda chaps to root it and we can get rid of facebook like we did with timescape.

30 magasin new era March 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Le développement de la haute technologie a apporté à nos vies plus pratique, vivant au 21e siècle, nous avons vraiment heureux, enfants des zones rurales n’ont même pas fait l’avion, si on leur donne la possibilité de bénéficier d’un traitement par exemple, le Comment bien. Reconnaissants de pouvoir partager de l’auteur, nous apprenons plus de connaissances, le contenu est très intéressant, et nous espérons en savoir plus sur votre travail et attendons avec impatience.