Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: A mid-sized X10?

by X10 on June 14, 2010

in News, Xperia X8

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8Leaked pictures of the Sony Ericsson Shakira did the rounds on the interweb last week. We speculated that this was likely a codename and now it seems that the handset will be part of the Xperia family called the X8.

We’ve attached a number of photos of the Xperia X8 after the break and initial impressions appear to show a handset that is fatter than the X10 with a smaller display and no camera flash. Apart from that it looks broadly similar to the X10, check out the piccies after the jump.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

1 Ian Stoianov June 14, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Looks an awful lot with the x10 mini

2 yasser June 14, 2010 at 9:12 PM

ohhh God Missin Flash 🙁 bad
maybe this will have 5mp

3 Keiko June 15, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Personally, I don’t understand why so much effort is being concentrated on size, rather than content. Buying an X10 is like going to Starbucks for coffee.

Customer: I’d like a White Chocolate Mocha, please.
Clerk: Sure, no problem. Tall, Grande, or Venti?

4 Han June 15, 2010 at 2:14 AM

fast in making new phones, but slow in providing software updates, what a wonderful company

5 e11world June 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I got the X10 almost 2 months ago in Vancouver BC here from Rogers and coming from the iPhone 3GS (which I liked and hated at the same time mostly because of iTunes), I miss the touch since it was the best on the iPhone. I sometimes have to press a or p or l twice for it to work. I also miss having 11 screens of apps on the iphone (actual nice apps that work properly and designed nicely) but that will change with time I guess.
The speakers in the phone is not what I expected. Sony Ericsson is know for music phones and all that so I wish they would’ve done a better job in terms of clarity and loudness.
Design is beautiful of both hardware and OS.
Somehow this turned into my mini review of the Xperia X10. Overall, a great phone but the upgrade should come a lot sooner than Nov. and I expect the newest Android OS and not just 2.1
Anyone know if anything in this menu can improve the phone (from dialer press *#*#4636#*#*)?

6 Obasan June 16, 2010 at 5:10 AM

whats the point of this??

7 Patrick June 16, 2010 at 6:46 AM

I have the x10i in the UK, I have problem with poor volume on ear speaker.
I have problems with having to tap a few times to get it to work.
wifi now takes forever to connect. bluetooth is a joke works when it feels like it.
Lets hope Sony sort something out.
maybe they are making this phone cause the x10i is well sh-t

8 Monster Headphones June 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Excellent weblog here! In addition your web web site loads upwards fast! Precisely what web host are you using? Can one get your online link to the host? I wish my internet site loaded up as quickly because yours : )