The Black Xperia X8 gets handled in the wild [Video]

by X10 on November 3, 2010

in Video, Xperia X8

The Black Xperia X8 gets handled in the wildIt looks like those rumours of a black Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 are true. The team over at mobile-review have managed to get hold of one and promptly shot a quick 1-minute video. The X8 looks better in black (to our eyes) with the front exterior clad in a matte plastic, whilst the sides and back come in a classy glossy piano finish. No idea when it will turn up, perhaps when the Éclair update hits the X8 by the end of the year? Let’s hope it’s no later than that. Check out the hands-on after the break.

Via GSM Arena.

1 no_body_cares November 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM

FIRST!!!!
LOL….everyone learned from the mistake of buying X10… Good luck to SE trying to market the device. HAHAHAHAHA

2 ianpob November 3, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Please se just give us the 2.1 update for our x10 s we have had to wait to long . UK.

3 Christer November 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Filmed with an iPhone… Poor guy:/ On the other hand, he did get a decent upgrade:D

4 Whoopy November 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM

It sounds very plastic-like as it hits the table…

5 Mark Sandiego November 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM

@1 learned their lesson on X10? nothing was wrong with the X10 for one the first high end smart phones to be announced, to still look and feel good almost a year later. Yeah software was delayed, but it was their first effort into android, while HTC and Samasung with almost a bunch of Android handsets on the market, still had crappy ass UI’s

6 belong November 4, 2010 at 2:16 AM

@mark, yeah there’s nothing wrong with x10! well except for the os. i’m enjoying my x10 although 1.6 it’s still have fantastic ui.

7 Greg Mcp November 4, 2010 at 2:47 AM

They are releasing all this Plastic X8, and the Girly X10 mini, and the Skinny White Chick X10.
Really SE, wait a month. Release them all with proper 2.1 and save yourself the headache of upgrading them all.

8 DK THE GUY & THE MAN November 4, 2010 at 2:55 AM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!! THIS IS A JOKE!!! THIS PHONE IS A SHAME FOR XPERIA SERIES…. IT LOOKS SOO POOR AND SOO UGLY!!!

9 JO November 4, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Trolls always come up with the wittiest comments???
They’re not trying to sell it to you meatheads. It’s a budget android aimed at tweeners.

Oh, and by the way, the phone in the video is running 2.1.

10 Andreas November 4, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Looks better in black.
But how hard can it be to release it? Its just a new color…

11 Adolf November 4, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I like my X10 mini so much because of it’s size. This X8 will have the same stuff the mini’s got. The Android 1.6 is also doing fine for me… but I’m even happier if SE will release 2.1 to my phone for some new Apps. Got the feeling some more updates are upcoming next time…
-> http://androidcommunity.com/security-analysts-claim-android-kernel-has-security-holes-20101102/

By the way, this vid was filmed by an Iphone… how ironic

12 AYTBALL November 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM

X10 update from orange UK in the next “few weeks” according to a text i got from them today………SE really do suck.

13 Sam November 5, 2010 at 3:32 AM
14 kenjibatusai November 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Glossy back cover = fingerprint magnet
Mehhh
I’d rather stick to my X10 mini 🙂

15 Howard November 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM

10:08 a.m getting my back up before my update 😀 IF IT DOESNT SHOW , COME BACK TO IT IN 5 MINUTES OR SO LIKE HOW I DID. 🙂