Playstation Phone spotted in the wild; now known as Sony Ericsson Z1?

by X10 on December 1, 2010

in News

Sony Ericsson Z1Apparently the very blurry video we have attached below shows the first outing of the Playstation Phone or its new moniker, the Sony Ericsson Z1, as suggested by TechBlog.gr. In all honesty you can’t tell much from the video, it’s much curvier than the Xperia X10 or the recent ANZU leaked pics and it’s more akin to the SE Vivaz. Throughout the video the handset is not opened to confirm whether or not it is indeed the said phone. However, you can see the deep blue hues of SE’s UXP platform.

Apparently the device was using Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and had a 4-inch display that offers very good multi-touch response. It will also apparently come with an 8MP camera and LED flash. Check out the video for yourself below.

Via Engadget.

1 PeterL December 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Hmmm… Looks okay, can’t really see it 😀 If you can download Mini’s and Remote Play your PS3, then I’m soooooooo getting one!

2 illuvatar December 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

just watched the video and at the end you can see the same unlock screen as the x10 can anyone tell me if that screen is exclusive to the x10 or not

3 X10 December 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Right, I’ve deleted all of the irrelevant comments.

If you are going to comment, please post something constructive. Nobody cares whether you are first, second or third!

4 draft_life December 1, 2010 at 3:14 PM

it seems not Anzu,not Zeus….
I think this is new one of Xperia series!

5 Andres December 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

The back button is on left like on anzu.. strange that they changed it for good.. have to reprogram myself for using buttons backwards now 😀

6 mezo9090 December 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I wonder if its the same screen on the x10 with multitouch ” enabled ” ?

7 S&N December 1, 2010 at 4:28 PM

@ x10,

With all due respect, it should matter to know who are your most avid readers (those that do come to read your blog everyday) that keep up with you as you add new postings to the blog.

8 mezo9090 December 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM

@S&N
we already know who commented first by the timeline ? they just post useless comments like 1st, 2nd as its a kids drinking paty.

9 tochi December 1, 2010 at 4:36 PM

@s&n u hv a point
d blog is tight free dose who reads ur article first, or second
…i wasnt likin d psp phone bt now i tink ill b lovin it….il b hvin 2options now ova my x10…x12 or dis…
nice info

10 X10 December 1, 2010 at 4:36 PM

@S&N – We always respect our readers and their right to free speech, but when we see the first five comments in this post stating their comment position, it does nothing to add value. Normally we turn a blind eye for the very reason you mention, but it’s becoming more apparent that moving to a third-party comment solution like disqus or intensedebate may be the best solution.

11 S&N December 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM

@ x10 – Granted, however with all the comments generated by your action of deleting the comments position of your readers you are defeating your purpose of deleting those as more readers will undoubtedly comment on a topic totally foreign to the original posting itself. I mean this is the 5th comment and still going…

12 NEMISIS381 December 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM

OK now you guys are getting off topic. Its “X10” ‘s blog he can do what he wants, don’t like it… leave!

Phone looks cool! If its anything like the X10 with all the problems of the X10 solved then it will be an amazing phone/gaming machine 🙂 .

13 JDM December 1, 2010 at 5:53 PM

A phone using android 2.3 and can access your PS3 directly? if it’s fast and reliable and SE keeps us updated and provides outstanding user support(actually gives us an exact time frame for updates and delivers in time)… IM BUYING IT.. doesnt matter if it cost me a grand!

14 HARRY December 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM

THAT COULD BE ANY PHONE !

15 Kristian66 December 1, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Honestly, what part of that video, “looking for anything here”, would possibly make that seem like it may be a PS Phone, apart from the maker of this video giving it a “new” name, which also casts off the recent more plausible possibilities.

@X10, not sure what sort of a service “disqus” etc. provide, but you have to be ready for people doing this 1st malarky. Never done it myself anywhere, but it does seem kind of harmless. Unless of course you are paying by the comment, but I cannot see that!!

16 Becca December 1, 2010 at 9:06 PM

hey .. id love to have a battery like that… i dont care what it looks like as long as it works hehehe…

17 steve December 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM

actually the comments stating position might seem harmless but its pointless and tbh sad.

as for the phone looks like the size of the galaxy s which is good but like ive stated in previous posts if its a psps phone the battery is the biggest issue, a smartphone/console would be a major battery killer, unless theres a bettery strong enough to handle both (i highly doubt it) then i wont be buying this phone whoever hyped it is software wise etc the battery hasd to be the main issue cos without a decent battery life whats the point

18 Professor X December 1, 2010 at 10:49 PM

ugh such awful sounds in that video

19 Sid December 2, 2010 at 4:58 AM

I will get this but will wait at least 1 month after release to see all comments on this blog

20 Eric December 2, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Let’s all hope SE doesn’t screw up on this phone.

21 megamind December 2, 2010 at 7:03 AM

battery would be branded MOTOLITE lol ^^_

22 dpeet December 2, 2010 at 7:53 AM

@X10 – precisely the point I tried to make, yet my comment was deleted.
Censorship? Sure, it’s your right to do so, but is it “right”?

23 Kevin Morin December 2, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Please pick me !

24 Stamp December 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I see no buttons.
I see no reason to buy it.

25 fact is fact December 3, 2010 at 1:56 AM

No worries people fact is fact is here now and he can provide you with the ultimate solution as he has the ultimate phone which is the X10.

The thing is that, if you can’t hold your self from saying first or second, at least add a comment with it! So it could be more useful and relevant. But saying first or second alone is a waste of time to be honest 🙂

Anyway back to topic, I love how fast and smooth the phone really is, either way I am really looking forward for fast, MT and snappy phones from SE!

Bring it on Sony and satisfy my lust 😀

26 fact is fact December 3, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Sometimes I put my x10 on vibrate, insert in my colon, then repeatedly call myself.

27 sully December 3, 2010 at 7:22 AM

I wanna do a gift to my X10

Can a french guy win the price? 😉

28 fact is fact December 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM

The last person who used my nick is a a bastard who is just jelious, so ignore him because it wasn’t me. I just hope the owner of this blog could put more control of useless users that annoy others here like bandit for example !

All they do is offend, swear and use other people’s nicks. So why leave them man ? In my opinion people like bandit do more damage than the 1st or 2nd posters, because they simply mislead people and waste our time.

I really hope you do something about this X10 because this is the serious issue here.